Sky Fibre Max - with 3rd Party Router

Associate
Looking for some clarification please.

Just moving from BT Infinity 2, to Sky Fibre Max, but want to use my Draytek 2860 with it.

Looking at all the instructions online, it mentions using the WAN eithernet port on the Router, to trace with Wireshare the MER username and Password.

The New Sky Router (ER110), doesn't have an WAN side eithernet port, as they have built in VSDL Modem, so no ability to trace.

Have seen some Threads say that a username and password is no longer required, just something in the correct format example "7c4ca5123456@skydsl|abcd1234"

Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks

Soldato
Not sure if you can use generic login details, I think Sky stopped or relaxed the MER details so possibly.

But either way you don't need a 'WAN port' on the Sky hub to extract the user/pw. You just connect it as normal (just the hub) and run Wireshark to extract it following the guide.

It's what I did and worked perfectly.

Associate
OP
Thanks , although I’m a little confused.

As the new sky routers only have an RJ11 connector on the VDSL modem, how can you trace the dhcp broadcast for the MER username and password?

Associate
OP
HI, Yes there are 2 Gigabit Interface on the LAN side, however , all the instruction tell you to Wireshark Trace on the WAN Interface which connects to the Phone connection (RJ11).

I've just tried a trace on the LAN side, and the only DHCP packets you see are for clients, not for the VDSL connection.

Soldato
As long as the config is right from the VDSL side anything in the format blah@skydsl and any password should work. I had aDSL-AC68u working over the weekend and it has a sky fibre profile so bashed in details and away it went.

V F

V F

Soldato
What is the go to router these days for Sky Fibre for uses with gaming/features and the Wi-Fi WPA2 fix?

Back
Top Bottom