Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Soldato
my costs doubled today, i forget my 'discounts' were ending....

Now i need to play the leaving game, but I've just remembered my broadband is on a 24month contract whilst my tv was 18 so i still have 6 months left on the broadband. This will complicate things.

@MissChief, any advise? To be honest, i dont want to leave sky, but i dont want to pay nearly 90 quid a month for sky boxsets+cinema and basic fibre unlimited :(

Caporegime
OP

Now i need to play the leaving game, but I've just remembered my broadband is on a 24month contract whilst my tv was 18 so i still have 6 months left on the broadband. This will complicate things.

@MissChief, any advise? To be honest, i dont want to leave sky, but i dont want to pay nearly 90 quid a month for sky boxsets+cinema and basic fibre unlimited :(
So just cancel the TV and see what you get offered? Now tv is an option. Tell them that.

Soldato

This is mostly why I avoid all of skys other services

Caporegime
@MissChief Does the half price offer for 18 months that I got for like £52 a month (incl. multi room) stop you from having price increases?

Just curious as been told it’s going up but I thought the deal was that for 18 months.

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief Does the half price offer for 18 months that I got for like £52 a month (incl. multi room) stop you from having price increases?

Just curious as been told it’s going up but I thought the deal was that for 18 months.

Depends on the wording of the deal. If the offers are 'x for £y' then you won't be affected. However if the offers are worded '50% off x' or '£13.99 off y' then you will be affected by the rises. It's in the T's and C's they can put each individual component up by 10% or less.

Caporegime
OP

You can cross grade onto Entertainment + HD + Box sets for £30. Then add Cinema for £10pm for 18 months. A Fibre deal should be easy enough to get too, Probably 8.99/13.99 off. Unlimited 40/10 and Line Rental can be had for £30 but if you're contracted for 18 months on the Broadband you likely have a deal on that anyway.

Caporegime
Depends on the wording of the deal. If the offers are 'x for £y' then you won't be affected. However if the offers are worded '50% off x' or '£13.99 off y' then you will be affected by the rises. It's in the T's and C's they can put each individual component up by 10% or less.

Thanks, I believe the deal was everything for x price for 18 months.

Was specifically the “Everything Sky offers for £40 a month, every month until your contract ends!” offer with a customisation of multi room.

Stupidly I deleted the email. :/

Guess I’ll wait and see

Last edited:
Associate
Hey There, been reading the thread for awhile and finger decided to go for it :)

Just wondering how long the £40 per month lasts? As in would this go up top normal price say after 12 months etc.

Also sent you a trust and fingers crossed :)

Thanks in advance.

Caporegime
OP
Hey There, been reading the thread for awhile and finger decided to go for it :)

Just wondering how long the £40 per month lasts? As in would this go up top normal price say after 12 months etc.

Also sent you a trust and fingers crossed :)

Thanks in advance.
The £40 is for the full length of the contract, 18 months. Code sent!

Associate
@MissChief many thanks for the code. Will sign up tonight. Will spend the drive home umming and arhhing over whether to get the 1TB Q box or the 2TB Q box with Ultra HD. Is Ultra HD delivered over satellite or over the internet?

Back
Top Bottom