Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Caporegime
OP
So I can upgrade to a sky q 2tb and a a second home hub mini which should be the same per month just more upfront ?

Also for Netflix is it the 4k version ?

If so I’d love to take the offer if it’s still there.
Sadly the offer is on hold at the moment. They’ve run out of codes! It might be after new year before they can get more.

Sky Q Multiscreen is £12pm extra. Netflix 4K requires a 2TB box and Sky Q MS.

Associate
@MissChief

Tried placing my order for Sky Q this evening, only to be told that my new building doesn't yet support SkyQ. The offer only applies for SkyQ so swapping it out for a Sky+HD box made the price inflate massively.

Will reply to your email as well, but seems my code is now going spare for someone else (although it seems the offer expires tonight!)

:(

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief

Tried placing my order for Sky Q this evening, only to be told that my new building doesn't yet support SkyQ. The offer only applies for SkyQ so swapping it out for a Sky+HD box made the price inflate massively.

Will reply to your email as well, but seems my code is now going spare for someone else (although it seems the offer expires tonight!)

:(
I'd phone and speak to them tomorrow if you can, they often extend the offers and may be able to honour them if you call.

Associate
@MissChief any tips on negotiation after the deal period expires? Mine is coming up shortly :( I had the full package Sky Q 1TB for 40 a month..

Tips can be given, but at the end of the day it all depends on the account, and offers can vary. I can give you a general idea of what you'll be paying with the usual retentions offers, but the standard tip, if you don't feel the retentions offers are good enough, is to cancel and then phone in every 7 days or so to see what can be done or wait for a call that basically offers a better price.

In 95% of cases, you will be seeing an increase but whether it will be £5 or £10 or more, I really can't say, it all depends on your package, what you want to keep, what offers are available.

I've said it before, Sky are in a good place right now and have been for a while, so they can afford to keep prices up. There's lots of people who jump ship to go to competitors (specifically Virgin, who have some amazing deals recently, but this also shows they really want new customers), but Sky will not mind losing customers as it's good for the industry (it helps competitors and competition is good in the long run) and they basically have less people who pay more for the services, so it all evens out.

They were in a dreadful position a few years back when they were giving the complete packages for like £25 with a F&F code. Now it's usually £40-£45 and it may end up going up again.

Soldato
I have Sky Fiber Broadband, Phone and TV

Due to imminent baby and wanting to save costs, last week I cancelled the TV (£38/month) and will use the Freesat from Sky instead along with a £8 Netflix subscription (wife really wants Netflix)

I'm hoping there is a deal for the £10 SkyHD PVR functionality to work on Sky Freesat - are there deals with this?

Also I've recently had missed calls from Sky at times I couldn't answer:
Is it best to speak to them when they call or call them back - are offers the same?
Should I hold on until 3 days before cancellation and call for best offers?

Soldato
I can apparently be classed as a new customer again. And would be looking for the full package. Fibre Max, anytime calls, full TV, including multi-room with a 2TB box. What sort of deals are going for that? Is that something you can do?

Associate
Sadly the offer is on hold at the moment. They’ve run out of codes! It might be after new year before they can get more.

Sky Q Multiscreen is £12pm extra. Netflix 4K requires a 2TB box and Sky Q MS.

Hi @MissChief

Just checking if the offer is still on hold ?

I sent you a trust message for a code so was just wondering if I should expect a reply or not.

No mad rush and sorry for querying so soon after the initial message.

Cheers

Associate
Can you help @superdumper ?

I do hope so as I had an online chat to an advisor tonight and the best they could offer me as a previous customer was to reduce what I could get as a new customer from £86 to £77.

I'm moving home so happy to do things as a new customer but right now the prices are just stupid.

I was away for a few days, but I will be back tomorrow and I do have a few codes left. PM me and I'll sort you out tomorrow, if you're still interested.

Back
Top Bottom