1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Friends and Family deal thread!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by MissChief, May 25, 2017.

1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I've not had Sky TV in my own name for at least 3 years. Any idea how long until they consider you a new customer?

It's currently in my wifes name and the deal ends this month so it's gone up to £47.

I can afford it, but resent paying that much to watch TV.

2. Kol

Don

I've qualified as a new customer after a year, it may be less but never tried earlier.

3. MissChief

Capodecina

It's 12 months to be a new customer but if you have Sky Q it can be a pain having to return everything and the website usually won't accept two active accounts at any one time so you'll need to organise install after the previous contract ends.

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I wonder if the phone people can do something. Thanks.

5. jpaul

Soldato

Nothing to loose in verbally negotiating to try and achieve the same deals as new customers, an ultimatum
    at least afer seeing the latest ~£30 spectator(sports) deal, I will be telling my relations that is all they should be paying.

6. MissChief

Capodecina

Usually I have a queue of emails to sift through but nothing at all yet!

7. nst68

Wise Guy

Hi Mischief, I'm currently with Virgin and looking to move to SkyQ, do you have any offers atm?

8. Pizzaboy2003

Hitman

See offers on 1st page ;)

9. MissChief

Capodecina

Just like Pizzaboy said. :)

10. superdumper

Gangster

Just a reminder that the offers expire 28/2.

11. MissChief

Capodecina

Some new deals have appeared today. The main one being Entertainment for £11pm! Add on the F1 and you can be watching for £21pm!

12. BIGWEB

Wise Guy

Terrible service from Sky Today. My deal comes to an end and my payment is about to go upto £120 pcm from £57 So I have asked to cancel but they took 55 mins on live chat and hadn't even offered me anything yet and then said they were going to be away from their desk for 15 mins. In the end it has took me over an hour to cancel!

Haven't been offered a deal not sure I want one now either after that. How frustrating!

13. MissChief

Capodecina

The advisor was likely dealing with 3-6 chats all at once. And you could have phoned instead?

14. MissChief

Capodecina

First post updated with new deals, including £11pm for entertainment (Perfect to add on F1 for £10pm!), Movies, Ultimate On Demand and Entertainment in HD for £35pm or the complete package with everything (Sky Q Experience extra) for £45pm.

15. mushtafa

Wise Guy

That's slightly tempting for the F1. Will see what it costs once UHD is added

16. MissChief

Capodecina

If you want UHD then it would be £11+£10+£12 (Current pricing) but then you could have a Mini box in another room too.

There was a rumour going round that UHD may (and I stress may!) be coming as a standalone service if you don't want another box but I have no idea on pricing.

17. mushtafa

Wise Guy

Thanks for confirming. I couldn't select the options on the website, their having technical difficulties apparently?

The second box is a waste of time and not wanted. Such a silly idea combining the two services.

I'm just trying to find out if the UHD is actually worth the extra cost

18. mushtafa

Wise Guy

Also, I assume they still charge £5 to go HD?

19. mushtafa

Wise Guy

Just speaking to a chat person at the moment, they have confirmed the entertainment pack, F1, Sky Q in normal HD is £21 p/m with £20 upfront cost. I'll PM you for a code. Thanks

20. mushtafa

Wise Guy

Email received, cheers. Website not playing ball, will use chat or call them this evening.