1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Friends and Family deal thread

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by MissChief, May 25, 2017.

1. ssmacc

Wise Guy

Hi Misschief, could you please give me some advice, my girlfriend has just moved into her own place and taken Sky Q 1TB and a mini with her, she'd like to get BBand with Sky as well. She'd also like a extra mini box and I think only the 2TB can have 2? Any ideas what kind of a deal she can expect with adding BBand and getting a 2TB box to enable a three boxes? She has movies...I guess she'll not get a deal but thought I'd ask...

Thanks,

2. MissChief

Capodecina

You're correct in that a 1TB box can only use a single Q mini box at the same time. However, if she's going to only be using one mini at a time then you can have two Mini boxes. Broadband offers are usually decent but no codes I can really provide. If fibres available she can get unlimited for £25 inc line rental.

3. ssmacc

Wise Guy

Cheers, I'm sure she wants to use all three at the same time...Any big costs to worry about upgrading the 1TB to 2TB?

4. ssmacc

Wise Guy

Hello @MissChief , have you got any new customer deals? Full disclosure this is for the misses and not me so no problem if you are saving the codes for forum members only.

She's after a 2TB box, everything bar sports...

5. antijoke

Caporegime

@MissChief Sorry for another question, are the discounts for 12 months on an 18 month contract?

6. MissChief

Capodecina

Discounts are for the length of the contract.

7. Itchytrigg

Wise Guy

@MissChief is the Sky Q upgrade from the original post still available? If so, is that the 2TB UHD box? So the install cost would just be from the Mini?

8. MissChief

Capodecina

Correct. But you cannot have multiscreen at the moment.

9. Itchytrigg

Wise Guy

I do not currently have multi-room so that's cool. Se the upfront would be £50 for the mini, and I keep my existing plan/discount +£12 per month for multi room. I may just send you a trust then :)

10. Itchytrigg

Wise Guy

Thank you very much :D

11. Uncleiven

Gangster

Thanks mate

I’ve gone through the “Personalise your bundle steps” from the email I received (thanks BTW :)). I can’t see where it confirms if the SS channels are HD or not even when specifically selecting the box sets bundle.

12. MissChief

Capodecina

You will need to specifically add the Sports HD Pack. Not sure if it's later on or not though.

13. iMacMart

Sgarrista

Hi Misschief, my sister is moving from Virgin to SkyQ so couple of things if I may (And if you have a spare code, that is...) would the refer a friend still count if it's my sister? And
    do we have to place the order via the website or on the phone

Many thanks mate

14. MissChief

Capodecina

The person I send it to doesn't matter and it can be entered online or over the phone.

15. iMacMart

Sgarrista

Awesome, of you have a spare code I'd be grateful for it, or I'm happy to wait for it

Many thanks

16. MissChief

Capodecina

Trust message you must send me, hmm?

17. iMacMart

Sgarrista

Oops! Done ... Thanks mate

18. lego

Soldato

Hi @MissChief , you kindly gave me a code for sky Q a little over a year ago, worked a treat but now we are paying the full price. Are the any offers currently running you could help with? I can sign up in my partner's name to be a "new customer"

Thanks in advance

19. MissChief

Capodecina

You'll likely need to pay from a different bank account and obviously I can't condone or support such actions.

20. ssmacc

Wise Guy

just in case you missed this @MissChief :)