1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Friends and Family deal thread!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by MissChief, 25 May 2017.

1. Junglist

Sgarrista

Ah phew. Is it probably better to pester you for a code closer to the time or does it not matter how far in advance you do it?

2. MissChief

Capodecina

Considering I have no codes at the moment, closer to when you want it!

3. Junglist

Sgarrista

Aha, well that solves that issue then:p I believe we should be in within the next 4-5 weeks so I'll check in a bit closer to the time.

If still no codes, don't worry about it! the fact you offer it to everyone is good enough :)

4. MissChief

Capodecina

I can still likely get you a code, but it may be from a colleague than myself.

5. MissChief

Capodecina

In the past three months I have turned down easily half a dozen or more requests for codes as I'd given them all out. They're not unlimited. In that same period I have had FIFTEEN codes sent but showing as not used for some reason. Now the site used to track the codes isn't always correct or up to date as it requires manual entry by the relevant department within Sky, but to turn people away for codes while an average of five people per month request a code that at least appears not to have been used frustrates and annoys.

Please only request a code if you are 100% going to use it. No 'I'm thinking of getting Sky' and don't. No 'Can I get a code for my mum, she's leaving Virgin' until they do her a deal and she stays with them. I only get a fixed amount of discount codes per quarter! Thanks.

6. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Fwiw I've not used my sky code yet, not able to place an order as it says it looks like you're already a sky TV user. But the previous subscription finished over 2 weeks ago and is completely cut off. And contacting sky is pretty tough lately.

7. MissChief

Capodecina

If you try to go online it will say that as you're not supposed to be a new customer for 12 months without Sky. You'll need to call.

8. andy_mk3

Capodecina

I am a new customer though, sky was previously for mum who's left the country.

Would the same apply if someone moved house and the previous owners had sky, you would have to ring up?

9. MissChief

Capodecina

I think it checks for same surname.

10. andy_mk3

Capodecina

Ah, different surname too for me though!

Edit: just tried completely different details altogether an no good.

11. rhysduck

Soldato

@MissChief Are there any codes due to come up soon please? Looking to possibly go back to Sky for the coming football season.

12. MissChief

Capodecina

I don’t have any left personally but I can ask a colleague to send you one. Sent me a trust message.

13. BigChief

Wise Guy

Apologies if this is a dumb statement but I'm guessing what's available online is that best that can be done for adding sports for an existing customer? I.e. No F&F deals.

14. MissChief

Capodecina

I have a 25% off upgrade deal for existing customers. Trust message me if you want it.

15. MissChief

Capodecina

New codes just came through today actually. If you'd still like one trust message me. (Don't leave a trust note on my trust page, click 'Send a message' at the top!)

First page Updated with new codes, be PLEASE, PLEASE only request a code if you're going to use it as I only have FIVE new codes to give out.

16. rhysduck

Soldato

Thanks. Have PMd you.

17. JJimmyJ

Gangster

Hi @MissChief,

My contract with virgin ends in a few days, already checked sky package etc I want and it's £72 a month (wih netflix). I will be leaving virgin as I want sky sports not BT sports and its way cheaper with sky.
    Is it possible to have a code please? How long are they valid for? I'd be looking to get installed next month.
    No worries if none available.

Thanks

P.S. Is this the same mischief from City of heroes?

18. MissChief

Capodecina

Oh wow yes it is Misschief from city of heroes! You need to send me a trust message. Click trust, login if needed then ‘send a message’ at the top.

19. JJimmyJ

Gangster

Ha! I'm guessing you know it's made a 'comeback'? I played for a short while (nostalgia) and now set up my own private game for me and the youngster. He loves it! I remember your name from Defiant?
    Anyway, trust message sent. Thanks :)

20. MissChief

Capodecina

Yep was on Defiant! I played a bit of the rebirth and while it certainly did take me back it just didn't feel the same. The game has certainly dated and by quite a lot.

Will sort out a code later tonight.