Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Associate
Had a right shock. My bill is now £113 as my offer has end.
Don’t suppose you have anything for existing customer?
I’m going to have to cancel some stuff tomorrow
Cheers

Caporegime
OP
Had a right shock. My bill is now £113 as my offer has end.
Don’t suppose you have anything for existing customer?
I’m going to have to cancel some stuff tomorrow
Cheers
Again nothing for existing customers I'm afraid. Play the cancellation dance and don't be afraid to put your cancellation in. You have 31 days, even on the day to change your mind. Just make sure you allow contact by phone in your marketing preferences.

Soldato
@MissChief I have a question...

I've been away from Sky for a year now, moved to Virgin, and my Virgin contract started in July last year, so is due for renewal next month.

I'd like to sack off Virgin telly and use Sky telly, but keep Virgin broadband. Thing is, I still had Sky broadband until September 2020 because I wanted broadband on both Virgin and Sky just in case anything went wrong during the transitionary period because I was working from home during lockdown.

My question with this background info is: If I want Sky telly, I haven't had that since July last year, how hard and fast is that 1 year new customer offer thing? Would I have to wait until September to utilise a new customer offer due to the broadband overhang?

Cheers!

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief I have a question...

I've been away from Sky for a year now, moved to Virgin, and my Virgin contract started in July last year, so is due for renewal next month.

I'd like to sack off Virgin telly and use Sky telly, but keep Virgin broadband. Thing is, I still had Sky broadband until September 2020 because I wanted broadband on both Virgin and Sky just in case anything went wrong during the transitionary period because I was working from home during lockdown.

My question with this background info is: If I want Sky telly, I haven't had that since July last year, how hard and fast is that 1 year new customer offer thing? Would I have to wait until September to utilise a new customer offer due to the broadband overhang?

Cheers!
You’ll be fine as a new tv customer.

Soldato
What sort of cancellation deals are people getting at the moment?

Offers have ended and now paying £84 ( :eek: )for Cinema, UHD, Multiscreen & Ultimate On Demand, happy to get rid of Cinema as we barely use it now and UHD, since there's barely any content

Soldato
I pay £60 a month and that's for sky cinema, sky sports, HD, UHD, Ultimate on Demand, and the signature pack, and multi room as well.

That sounds a bit more reasonable, guessing we can get a bit lower since we have no interest in cinema or sports. Looking at new customer deals, HD is still a paid extra (in 2021... really :rolleyes:), and if you take multiroom then UHD is the same price as normal HD, so guess we're keeping that

Soldato
Hi @MissChief my brother has just bought a house he’s considering sky. I’ve told
him you’ve had people in the past ask for codes and not use them. So he will make his mind up first. However I do have a question he has openreach fttp available I know sky do that. Do any of your deals cover fttp and tv for example?

Thanks.

Caporegime
OP
Hi @MissChief my brother has just bought a house he’s considering sky. I’ve told
him you’ve had people in the past ask for codes and not use them. So he will make his mind up first. However I do have a question he has openreach fttp available I know sky do that. Do any of your deals cover fttp and tv for example?

Thanks.
They do cover both yes. Not sure on the pricing of the FTTP though!

Soldato
@MissChief Thanks again for the new customer code.

Tried to use it and am having problems due to my account being connected to a mate's household account as he's previously lent me his Sky Go login. He said he's disconnected the accounts but it's done nothing at my end.

Do you know if I need to wait until his next billing cycle for the changes to take effect?

Is not the end of the world if I can't use the code on mine as I'll just set the account up in my wife's name but it'd be good to keep everything together.

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief Thanks again for the new customer code.

Tried to use it and am having problems due to my account being connected to a mate's household account as he's previously lent me his Sky Go login. He said he's disconnected the accounts but it's done nothing at my end.

Do you know if I need to wait until his next billing cycle for the changes to take effect?

Is not the end of the world if I can't use the code on mine as I'll just set the account up in my wife's name but it'd be good to keep everything together.
You’ll likely need to call or use a different email address when signing up. 03442 414141.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I’m aware of that, I wasn’t fishing for a code honest! Just wanted to if my deal was the same as yours, you able to confirm?
Cheers
TBH I have no idea on current pricing, I've been away from the Domestic part of the business for many years. My code is 35% off but I'm not sure how that works out.

Back
Top Bottom