Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Caporegime
OP
No probs - thanks.

Quick question - inlaws are in their 80's now and still using the Sky+ box! It's getting old, sluggish and resets every now and then and they mentioned Sky Glass.

If i sort this for them, 55" TV + Sky Puck. The plan would be to move their existing TV into the bedroom and run Sky from the Puck and the new Glass TV is in the lounge as their main TV.

Does the Sky Engineer set it all up? ie both TVs running? Or is this something they (me!) will have to sort?
The Engineer should set them both up as part of the install. What's their broadband like? Everything and I do mean everything comes through it. EPG, program information, thumbnails, subtitles, everything. Glass has very little onboard storage, like a few hundred MB for firmware etc, no usable space.

Associate
Hi there,

Currently a Sky TV customer with an extra box and Netflix in our package. Looking to throw in broadband and phone line as well as currently getting that from BT. We have BT fibre FTTP straight into the house and Sky can take it over. Are there any discount codes for that or are they all for new customers?

Kind regards.

Associate
Hi all,

Currently with Virgin Media and looking to switch to sky for Sky Q and a decent broadband speed.

Any kind folk have a code to help me out?

Soldato
I used to have Sky multiple years ago, but haven't had it for multiple years at this point. Sky's offers team (the one they dial old customers with specific offers) did actually reach out in the last year, but I missed the call and unfortunately they did not ring back.
Would I count as a new user again? Are there any codes that would work for me?

Thanks!

Caporegime
OP
I used to have Sky multiple years ago, but haven't had it for multiple years at this point. Sky's offers team (the one they dial old customers with specific offers) did actually reach out in the last year, but I missed the call and unfortunately they did not ring back.
Would I count as a new user again? Are there any codes that would work for me?

Thanks!
Yes you would be a brand new customer, it’s 12 months without Sky to be a new customer so you should be good. Start a conversation with me and I’ll organise a code for you.

Soldato
Sky have said this year but because it is Sky it will probably be next year.

From what I have heard Sky glass sounds a mess and i presume standalone pucks will run on the same software

Yeah, Glass is a mess not to mention the TV is crap (and expensive).

Thing is, for the price of a puck and no contract I think it's worth a punt. I've no aerial at the minute, so would be handy to have all channels and apps in one place.

Back
Top Bottom