Sky+HD without installation?

Soldato
I am after Sky+HD, and see that Sky will sell me a box for £50, with £60 installation (robbery).
I'm happy to install it myself, will Sky waive the install fee or is there some other method of achieving this? £60 to plug a box in and make a phone call on my behalf? No thanks.

Soldato
no they aint

*Set up: Standard set-up for Sky+HD box is currently free for new Sky+HD customers taking the HD Pack (normally £30, or £15 if you take a new Multiroom subscription). Standard set-up for Sky+HD box is £60 for existing customers taking the HD Pack (or £30 if you take a new Multiroom subscription). Standard set-up for Sky+ box is £30 for new customers (£15 if you take Multiroom) or £60 for existing Sky TV customers. Standard set-up for a Sky box is £60 for new and existing customers. Standard set-up £117.45 without Sky TV. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Sky Broadband set-up fees for existing Sky TV customers £60 for Base, £30 for Everyday & Connect or free for Unlimited.

Associate
Small rant coming.......................

I have been after Sky+HD for some time and have been on the phone matching it up to Virgin Media.
Sky is the best deal in regards to amount of HD channels. They then confirmed that Installation was £30 and the Box was £49!!

Went round my brothers and he has a flyer offering him the box for Free with Installation at £30!!!!!

I called and they would not offer me the same deal, i asked the guy what i needed to do in order to get the installation or box for free and said that i cant :( MEH

So they offer my bro a free box and im offered nothing!! work that one out!!

Caporegime

I have been after Sky+HD for some time and have been on the phone matching it up to Virgin Media.
Sky is the best deal in regards to amount of HD channels. They then confirmed that Installation was £30 and the Box was £49!!

Went round my brothers and he has a flyer offering him the box for Free with Installation at £30!!!!!

I called and they would not offer me the same deal, i asked the guy what i needed to do in order to get the installation or box for free and said that i cant :( MEH

Is he a new customer??..if so then they only pay for the box...yeh it sucks but thats their deal at the moment...i got my sky hd put in last week for £79...that included the box and install fee...they wanted to charge me £60 for the install but told them id leaving them if they charged me that amount...in the end they agreed to install it for £30.

Man of Honour

Are you in the same area? Sky are offering free HD boxes to those in areas currently undergoing digital switchover...

Soldato
Same for me as Spawn has said. Though it turned out ok anyway, as the guy who turned up replaced my old dish with a new one, realigned it to get pretty much max strength (was about 60-75%) removed the two cables going round the house and replaced them with a single two core cable. Pretty good job for £30.

Associate
Is he a new customer??..if so then they only pay for the box...yeh it sucks but thats their deal at the moment...i got my sky hd put in last week for £79...that included the box and install fee...they wanted to charge me £60 for the install but told them id leaving them if they charged me that amount...in the end they agreed to install it for £30.

No he has been with Sky about the same time as me :(

Are you in the same area? Sky are offering free HD boxes to those in areas currently undergoing digital switchover...

About 5 miles up the road, apparently (After kicking up fuss on the phone) it is a marketing shot customer specific?? They could not confirm the parameters though.
I said to them that its unfair to mail some people saying "Hey have a free box" and others they are telling "Sorry £49 is the best price we can do for the box"

I did try the "Virgin media want me to swap" to see if cancellations coudl do anything......they came back with "We have 30+ HD Channels, Virgin have about 6!!" :rolleyes: left before embarassing myself further lol

Associate
Same for me as Spawn has said. Though it turned out ok anyway, as the guy who turned up replaced my old dish with a new one, realigned it to get pretty much max strength (was about 60-75%) removed the two cables going round the house and replaced them with a single two core cable. Pretty good job for £30.

I think that is Dependant on the engineer you get, i have heard many stories of half a**ed installation engineers!

But agree with you... great service for £30!

Caporegime
I made sure i was at home when they did the install last week and they were simply brilliant...they tidied up a lot of the cable mess the sky + engineer did a few yrs back when we upgraded to sky +...made sure everything was tacked down and looked neat and tidy...they were sub contractors though from what he told me...did a pretty damn good job...so much so that i gave him £20 for some drinks as i was that impressed.

Back
Top Bottom