sky resets itself?!

Soldato
My sky box resets itself every 7-10 mins and goes into standby mode and then you turn it on and it searches for listings

any ideas what to do with the blasted thing?

Don
Rotty said:
is it sky+ , if so your disk is probably shot

We had this happening to our sky+ box over the weekend and along with the resetting it wasn't allowing us to do any recording (as well as wiping all of our recorded programs :rolleyes: )

A quick phone call to Sky and a format of the HDD and all is well again. We're on our 6th Sky+ box in 3 years now, they just aren't reliable. An engineer visit over a year ago revealed that if the boxes are used regularly, they need a HDD format every 6-months or so to prevent them from crashing.

Waste of friggin' money if you ask me

Don
ci_newman said:
A quick phone call to Sky and a format of the HDD and all is well again.

That will almost certainly only be a temporary fix

I have changed the maxtor disks in many for samsung spinpoints and they have all been fine since ( I had 3 boxes and 3 new disks in mine prior to fitting the samsung )

Soldato
OP
just normal sky to cheap to afford + or HD

i've taken out the plug for 10 mins still same issues

i've also hit it, apart from a dent in the top vent no difference

i guess a call to sky is in order :(

Man of Honour
Mine has done it 3 times in the past hour. It's a normal Sky box.

It's the Muslims, they're hacking into our sky boxes in order to harness the power of all dishes. Before the day is out, everyones sky dish will fire out a beam of OMG rays, destroying Tony Blair.

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Mine has done it 3 times in the past hour. It's a normal Sky box.

It's the Muslims, they're hacking into our sky boxes in order to harness the power of all dishes. Before the day is out, everyones sky dish will fire out a beam of OMG rays, destroying Tony Blair.

Sounds like a job for Jack Bauer.

Caporegime
ci_newman said:
We had this happening to our sky+ box over the weekend and along with the resetting it wasn't allowing us to do any recording (as well as wiping all of our recorded programs :rolleyes: )

A quick phone call to Sky and a format of the HDD and all is well again. We're on our 6th Sky+ box in 3 years now, they just aren't reliable. An engineer visit over a year ago revealed that if the boxes are used regularly, they need a HDD format every 6-months or so to prevent them from crashing.

Waste of friggin' money if you ask me

Sounds like you got a 360 on your hands not a Sky box. :D

Back
Top Bottom