*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Had the call from Sky. Offered 60% off but wanted an extra £6 on top for HD. So said no. Not in a rush. Don't need it until F1 starts again so will just wait and see.l what's happening come march/April.

Soldato
I cancelled Sky TV last night. They offered me 50% off for everything inc 1 multiroom except Sports for £40 (was paying £35 for all channels and multiroom due to a F&F deal). The only issue I had was that the deal was for 10 months only but the contract was for 12 months. Going to see if they call back. If not I will try and survive on Amazon, Netflix and Kodi.

Does anyone know if I can still access basic terrestrial TV through the boxes once my subscription ends? Mainly asking because I don't have an aerial in my house (removed as I built an extension). I would have thought I could get Freesat HD channels via the box?

Soldato
I cancelled Sky TV last night. They offered me 50% off for everything inc 1 multiroom except Sports for £40 (was paying £35 for all channels and multiroom due to a F&F deal). The only issue I had was that the deal was for 10 months only but the contract was for 12 months. Going to see if they call back. If not I will try and survive on Amazon, Netflix and Kodi.

Does anyone know if I can still access basic terrestrial TV through the boxes once my subscription ends? Mainly asking because I don't have an aerial in my house (removed as I built an extension). I would have thought I could get Freesat HD channels via the box?

You used to be able to by asking them to change the card to FreetSat. Don't know if still the case.

Soldato
Cancelled mine yesterday, contemplating going with BT TV and NowTV instead. I'll wait and see if Sky come back with a better offer but I'm keen to move to a new box because my current one is getting quite sluggish to use.

Soldato
I would be a new customer to Sky but when pricing up on rheir website, the cheapest you can get tv only including sky sports in hd (meaning you have to get the tv boxset bundle) is £71.50 pcm. Is there any way as a new customer of getting it cheaper/negotiating? Not exactly a great deal for a new customer.

Man of Honour
physichull;30485421 said:
I would be a new customer to Sky but when pricing up on rheir website, the cheapest you can get tv only including sky sports in hd (meaning you have to get the tv boxset bundle) is £71.50 pcm. Is there any way as a new customer of getting it cheaper/negotiating? Not exactly a great deal for a new customer.

Trust MissChief in this thread.

Soldato
physichull;30485421 said:

As stated, message MissChief or keep your eye out for any friends & family deals he posts.

There have been a selection of good deals available - he got me Q Silver with free sports & movies for 18 months back in May last year :)

Soldato
The big question for me will be what happens come November when they start wanting £92 a month from me - may well be off to Virgin unless they cut me a good deal :)

Man of Honour
I'm on a 60% discount for Sky+ at the moment. Went on the live chat earlier to enquire about Sky Q & was offered it for £12 p/m on top of my existing discount with a 2TB box for £60 (additional box(es) offered at £40).

I didn't take the offer as my discount expires in December and Q would've tied me in 'till Feb. I'm guessing good discounts wouldn't be forthcoming if I was unable to cancel! Seemed a decent offer on paper, though, for anyone interested.

Associate
I just cancelled my sky this morning. Apparently the only retention offer they have at the moment is 30% off for 10 months and I keep my current kit. I kept asking about new customer deals being better but that got me no where and they processed my cancellation. Will wait and see if I get sent a better offer before the termination date.

Soldato
darknite;30493776 said:
I just cancelled my sky this morning. Apparently the only retention offer they have at the moment is 30% off for 10 months and I keep my current kit. I kept asking about new customer deals being better but that got me no where and they processed my cancellation. Will wait and see if I get sent a better offer before the termination date.

Should get 50% within 24hrs, possible 60% if you're willing to wait until the death,

Associate
Currently on the Box Sets package (no Sky Cinema or Sky Sports). Been paying extra for BT Sport which it turns out has been £3.50 plus another £5 for the HD version (£8.50!). I only take BT Sport for the occasional UFC which I usually have to don the eyepatch for because I forgot to record it.

So, been a Sky customer for 15 years and rang to see what they could do. Told her Virgin's offer is ~£65 quid which includes Sky Movies plus 200MB broadband. She offered Sky Q for living room and upstairs with a 1TB and Fibre Max (which is the same as my current Infinity 2). The only reason I would want Sky Q is for the movies and I believe I've read you need the 2TB for that, and would have to pay an extra 20 quid a month to be paying £85 a month She reduced the install cost of Sky Q from £199 to £15. Baffles me why they quote install prices like that and reduce them in a snap. I like my films and TV but have seen Sky Q as a money generator, which it turns out, it is. And they wonder why Firesticks are so popular.

Think I'm going to give Virgin a whirl for 12 months.

Caporegime
You don't need any particular box for Sky Cinema, but of course you won't get to choose from the 30 or so UHD movies on a 1TB box.

OFCOM rules state that if the customer wants to buy only the box, without any subs they have to be able to. That's the £199.

Soldato
Currently got Virgin cable broadband (not Tv or phoneline) but I am quickly establishing that its practically impossible to just price up the minimum tv only package with Sky Sports HD included! Why do they make these things as confusing as possible with their different "packages".....no I don't want a bloody phone line!!! No I don't want Movies! Frustrating.

At least Sky are straight up about their pricing on the website. You get so far on Virgin and then make you sign up to a tv package before you can even get a price for how much extra Sports is! So annoying.

Back
Top Bottom