*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
After being offered 60% off in my account and it saying if I want to change my package I had to go on live chat, I did, first offer was 30% then finally 50% but no 60%. Do they think I'm a mug?

Last edited:
Soldato
After being offered 60% off in my account and it saying if I want to change my package I had to go on live chat, I did, first offer was 30% then finally 50% but no 60%. Do they think I'm a mug?

From when I went through it all, live chat can not and will not offer 60% off, if you want that deal you have to accept it in your account.

Associate
After I cancelled my TV services at the weekend, they literally just offered me a discount of 35% off TV packages with Sky Q for 12 months (on live chat) but I was limited to the 1TB box. The discount if I had stayed with my existing Sky+ TV package would have been 60% apparently. They were prepared to take 50% off my current broadband package and my line rental but I wanted to upgrade to fibre and the guy on live chat told me he could not arrange that and I would need to speak to another department once I had renewed my existing broadband package for 12 months. I have decided against renewing for the moment.

I presume others have probably done better than this.

Soldato
Just had the old cancellation chat with sky. Got shafted last year with a deal I thought was good (£58 a month, for 9 month then full price for the last 3 months (12 month contract)).
Just cancelled this time instead of taking the offer which was £64 a month for 18 months. Went onto the sky box, interactive menu then account, got an offer of 60% off for 12 months. result...

Man of Honour
Yes, I cancelled it about a week or so ago. I'm in my 30 day notice period and they are sending me return boxes for the Q equipment soon.

Soldato
Got offered 50% (on the phone) off for 10 months and upgraded to Sky Boxsets. I wanted some of the HD channels and it comes in cheaper than my original £22.50 that I pay.

Associate
Got offered 50% (on the phone) off for 10 months and upgraded to Sky Boxsets. I wanted some of the HD channels and it comes in cheaper than my original £22.50 that I pay.

They will offer 60% if you wait a bit longer. It is now 13 days until mine finish and just got offered 60% off the boxsets package. So £15.20? a month.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
only issue is HD will be extra - they've never negotiated on that, so factor in £6/month for HD unless you can haggle hard to get them to give you a credit to cover it (rare nowadays).

Soldato
only issue is HD will be extra - they've never negotiated on that, so factor in £6/month for HD unless you can haggle hard to get them to give you a credit to cover it (rare nowadays).

So they still charge for the HD channels ??
Recently did my cancel and got the 60% offer, in the conformation email they've got down in the section "services to be removed" Sky+ HD and Legacy Formula one.

This mean their removing my ability to watch the HD channels ?? and the F1 station ?

I thought they' stopped charging for HD and it was part of the standard package.

Back
Top Bottom