*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Yes, if you have legacy F1 and cancel that will be gone unless you now have the Sky Sports package.

Frustratingly, yes if you had Sky+ and not Q, they still charge for HD.

Caporegime
The extra £6 per month is purely for HD sports nothing else.

All other HD channels come included in the boxsets bundle.

It annoys me that with Q you get 4K for free but have to pay for HD.

4K is not free you have to pay £12 per month for multiroom on top of having a 2TB main box (not a 1TB) to get access to any 4K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
4K is not free you have to pay £12 per month for multiroom on top of having a 2TB main box (not a 1TB) to get access to any 4K.
Aye but I have two boxes and no 4K TV, it's annoying that if I had a 4K TV I could watch it for free but I have to pay for 1080.

Soldato
ok just to check, this is what they sent me

Your new Sky TV package is

• Box Sets with Sports & Cinema

You now have the following extras with your package

• Sky Sports 5
• Sky 3D
• Sky Multiscreen

Sky+ Subscription
Sky+ Subscription
Sky+ Subscription

Sky Sports HD Pack

• Sky Go Extra

The following extras will be removed from your package

• Sky+HD Pack
• Sky+HD Pack
• Legacy F1 Entitlement

Q: Am I still going to get the HD channels , BBC etc and the movies in HD ? or is this saying just the sports?

Soldato
£47.60
i thought it was going to be around £33 but then the guy said that just covers the TV packages and not the 2nd box so the 2nd box knocked it up to that price.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
That sounds like it's everything on a 60% off including the £6/HD. It's a good deal. Just ask them, but from the chats I had recently with Sky ~£35/month was being banded around for Sky+HD (full package).

Soldato
Just did the dance through chat to cancel, declined the offer via chat then up pops -60% for 12 months via the box. If I click take this offer does it confirm new price per month before I'm committed?

Soldato
Just did the dance through chat to cancel, declined the offer via chat then up pops -60% for 12 months via the box. If I click take this offer does it confirm new price per month before I'm committed?
I gave it 3 days like it said them checked the account but it never updated. Also because the cancellation had started I had problems getting on chat.

In the end I had to phone and basically say, I agreed to the 60% offer and just phoning to confirm. Got sorted then, account got updated and an ending confirmation sent with the new details.

Soldato
It annoys me that with Q you get 4K for free but have to pay for HD.

Their whole live 4K delivery system is ridiculous. Having it on the red button is just confusing, especially as you can only schedule a recording via the main menu and not the guide. I presume the F1 will be the same.

They should have a dedicated 4K channel.

Soldato
I clicked the button - no confirmation of cost just a thank you message. assume 60% off TV package to mean 60% off what I am currently paying for things listed as 'My Package' on my sky account and there's no shenanigans being played :p

Caporegime
Their whole live 4K delivery system is ridiculous. Having it on the red button is just confusing, especially as you can only schedule a recording via the main menu and not the guide. I presume the F1 will be the same.

They should have a dedicated 4K channel.
For two, maybe three matches per week? Would be a horrendous waste of precious bandwidth. When there's more content, yes, but at the moment it doesn't warrant it IMO.

Soldato
I clicked the button - no confirmation of cost just a thank you message. assume 60% off TV package to mean 60% off what I am currently paying for things listed as 'My Package' on my sky account and there's no shenanigans being played :p

Can anybody confirm if the 60% discount applies to the multiscreen subscription as well - it's all a bit ambiguous. Via the sky box everything is listed under my package, which the offer implied it applied to the complete package. Looking at my subscription costs now, it would appear that the 60% is only against the 'box sets' subscription??

Soldato
Thanks. It's all a bit miss leading though I feel. The offer comes up as 60% off TV package. But multiscreen is always a subset of the TV Package under account info e.g on the web clicking Manage My TV Package gives you a hierarchical view My package: -> Sky TV: -> Box Sets, Sky Go Extra, Sky Multiscreen etc. So I feel saying 60% of TV package isn't strictly being honest in this respect.

Anyway that was basis of an hour long debate with a chap on the phone...

Associate
60% off is now showing on my account, I'm after the £35 complete bundle offer but it tells me I'm not eligible when I enter my code. Guessing it might be due to still having an active TV Subscription (Cancelled 2 weeks ago)

Soldato
is it worth me having a go.

Pay around £42 pm.

sky package (basic with discovery channels) plus telephone (never use land line), broadband (only get 4mb in this area(fibre is available though)

would it be worth be trying to cancel and get anything worth while, Just wouldnt like to play them at there game and loose broadband.

Soldato
W
is it worth me having a go.

Pay around £42 pm.

sky package (basic with discovery channels) plus telephone (never use land line), broadband (only get 4mb in this area(fibre is available though)

would it be worth be trying to cancel and get anything worth while, Just wouldnt like to play them at there game and loose broadband.
Why not... I went from 50/month to 20/month (equivalent after credits to account) yesterday. Took about 3 hours of my life away though :p

Back
Top Bottom