*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I pay £22 for everything including hd. Rolling contract and £100 credit added to account 6 months ago when my 12 month contract ended.
Happy with this.

Associate
Ive just resigned up today with 60% and 50 credit on a 12 month rolling.....I can get skyQ 2tb for £60 installation fee.

Does anyone know if I was to add a mini box at a later date what the up front cost of that is?

Ta

Associate
Ah right I might get both now then. They told me over live chat it would be £100 activation fee for a 2tb and 1 mini box.

I wondered if I was to add a mini box at a later date as ideally I want 2 I could possibly get them cheaper.

Associate
Cancelled via chat yesterday, was offered 40% which i refused (im currently on a 60% deal thats ending). "My sky" now shows 50% but i'm not sure even if I get offered the 60% off its worth it.

I fired up the old humax box and it now gets 5HD and youtube which I was suprised about, the freesat setup covers most of whats worth watching anyway.

Soldato
Well sky called today offering 60% off and £25 credit. Works out about £20 a month for all normal channels and movies in hd which I'm happy with.

I called today as our 50% of TV package only (Box Sets with Sports & Cinema HD) has now ended and we will be paying £80/month instead of £43/month. Thye could only offer 40% off for 18 month contracts meaning it would increase to £50.40/month. To say we have gone from £25 month for all tv channels to £43 and now £50 is pretty bad. Our fibre is with Hyperoptic and that has reduced in price every year with offers instead of going up like Sky.

How did you manage to get the 60% off offer? I guess it must be tv, broadband and phone package or something

Soldato
Cancelled TV only service and instantly got the 50% offer for 12 months. Back with Sky with 50% off :rolleyes:

Why they could have applied this to start with god only knows

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've just seen this thread...

So are you guys just cancelling via live chat/online and getting offered 60% off? I'm out of contract now and just weighing up my options...

Soldato
hijacking the sky thread for a BT question :)

I've currently got my phone line , broadband and BT sports through BT which has come to the end of the initial reduced price contract so now its gone up to £94.

Is it possible to do similar to sky and negotiate a lower price again ?
also would I bet better jumping ship and take the lot back to sky for 12 months or will having to pay full for BT sports negate any benefit?

thanks for any advice

Back
Top Bottom