*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Couldn't I just take the offer then upgrade to sky q?

You cna try, but I think all Sky Q deals are new 18 month contracts at the moment and they wipe any existing deal you might have. If you have any luck to let me know!

I should add that my billing has now updated and while they've given me 60% off Box Sets and Sports (£26.20 a month now) they only gave 50% off the HD Sport back. I'm not going to complain too much over 60p however.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You cna try, but I think all Sky Q deals are new 18 month contracts at the moment and they wipe any existing deal you might have. If you have any luck to let me know!

I should add that my billing has now updated and while they've given me 60% off Box Sets and Sports (£26.20 a month now) they only gave 50% off the HD Sport back. I'm not going to complain too much over 60p however.

Ended up taking the 60% off and keeping my box. I want Q but I need a 4k tv first lol

Soldato
Ended up taking the 60% off and keeping my box. I want Q but I need a 4k tv first lol

Ha.

Interestingly, I clicked on the "add Q" button in my dashboard and the total bill was only going to go up to £88 with multiroom, which is better than the £103 I was told the other day and I think it was only that high because it wanted to charge me for my internet again which I currently don't pay for.

If I'm feeling it I might get on chat with them and see if its possible to tack the £12 on to my existing £55.

Permabanned
Ha.

Interestingly, I clicked on the "add Q" button in my dashboard and the total bill was only going to go up to £88 with multiroom, which is better than the £103 I was told the other day and I think it was only that high because it wanted to charge me for my internet again which I currently don't pay for.

If I'm feeling it I might get on chat with them and see if its possible to tack the £12 on to my existing £55.

the only reason I took it is because it's a rolling contract. So come black friday or something I'll cancel and set sky up in the missus name and sky q ;)

Soldato
the only reason I took it is because it's a rolling contract. So come black friday or something I'll cancel and set sky up in the missus name and sky q ;)

You reckon you can get Q and your package for less than 60% off +£12 a month as a new customer?

Going on Live chat now to see what they say about us upgrading to Q. As I said before, when I initially cancelled they would do me a discount on my package, but not if I wanted Q.

Now that I already have a contract for 12 months for Box sets and sport at 60% It'll be interesting to see if they let me add Q for £12 a month on my 60% discounted package, something they flatly denied being able to do 2 days ago if I did it all at the same time.

Soldato
Spoken on chat, they'll happily add Sky Q for £12 pm, £115 setup fee for a 2tb and a mini and a new router and let me keep my 60% off box sets and sports (that I only took 2 days ago!), even pushing movies for £3.40 too lol. Happy days.

Total bill is £3.20 more than I paid last month and I've added sport and Q multiroom.

Tried to get a discount on the install but no movement.

At first he told me the monthly bill would be £88.19 (same as the website says if I try to add it) because it's including the cost of our internet which we don't pay for. I queried it as we only pay £56.19 a month, so the new bill should be £68.19. Came back and confirmed my number. £68.19 a month for 12 months (the duration of our 60% off deal) and then £130.49 a month for 6 months. The guy was adamant that when the current 60% deal expires we'll be able to contact them for a new one and that he'd put something on the account to note it. We'll have to see how true that is. I'll be saving the chat just in case.

Even if they won't do a new tv deal, it averages to £88.95 a month for 18 months of Phone and all calls, internet, box sets, sport in HD, a 2tb box and a mini and a router.

Associate
Put my cancellation in the other day and have had 50% offer on my account already .
Sky phoned yesterday and said they didnt want to lose me but the best they could do was £79 a month for Sky ,Internet and Line rental and multiroom (No sky Q).I said i was currently paying £60 for everything but was told £79 is the best they can do now so i think i will let it all cancel now

Associate
For those wanting Q, I took a 50% off deal a month back. Online if I wanted to change to Q it shows I keep my discount but have to add the £200 for the box (1tb and 2tb boxes are the same price for some reason). Then +£12 per month if I wanted multi room and + £50 per mini Q box.

Soldato
That happened to me yesterday, however the advisor said I could upgrade once the offer was on, which I though wasn't possible. Thankfully I had one who knew how compliance works.

Yeah, very strange. Glad I went back to check through! Can't wait for 2160p50 Football and F1!

With the baby due in 5 weeks the missus is looking forward to Sky in the bedroom lol.

Soldato
Just finally got a deal out of them. I too was told I couldn't get a discount if I was taking Sky Q. They then offered me 10% which I refused. They offered me 40% then finally 50% to remain with my current Sky+HD, which I again refused.

I then said I know if I cancel it will offer me 50%, which then would carry over to Sky Q if I upgraded afterwards. They went away and came back with 50% off and a slightly reduced upfront cost on a 12 (not 18!) month contract with a 2TB box and 1 mini. It's being installed a week tomorrow :)

Associate
Just finally got a deal out of them. I too was told I couldn't get a discount if I was taking Sky Q. They then offered me 10% which I refused. They offered me 40% then finally 50% to remain with my current Sky+HD, which I again refused.

I then said I know if I cancel it will offer me 50%, which then would carry over to Sky Q if I upgraded afterwards. They went away and came back with 50% off and a slightly reduced upfront cost on a 12 (not 18!) month contract with a 2TB box and 1 mini. It's being installed a week tomorrow :)

I would probably accept something like that as i do want SkyQ and 2 mini but last time they wanted £400 for installation.

Soldato
Why are companies so crap?! Just noticed on the "Welcome to Sky Q" type email that it listed BB and phone on there as well that I never asked for or even discussed with them! So another call back to get them cancelled and a £5 credit on my account because they're useless!

Soldato
Just tried to get my dad a 2tb Q box and with both chat and on the phone the best they could do was £199 install or £65 install and £12 a month and he doesn't want multiroom. Will have to wait for an offer.

I would probably accept something like that as i do want SkyQ and 2 mini but last time they wanted £400 for installation.

Get on chat with them. Should only be £215 I think as they charge 99 per box after the first, I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just tried to get my dad a 2tb Q box and with both chat and on the phone the best they could do was £199 install or £65 install and £12 a month and he doesn't want multiroom. Will have to wait for an offer.

Get on chat with them. Should only be £215 I think as they charge 99 per box after the first, I think.

It's pointless getting the 2tb box without a mini as it only does UHD with a multiscreen subscription. Just get a 1tb and save some cash. Unless he REALLY wants the storage space. I think the 2tb box should only be a £65 install though, not sure where they are getting £199 from!

Soldato
It's pointless getting the 2tb box without a mini as it only does UHD with a multiscreen subscription. Just get a 1tb and save some cash. Unless he REALLY wants the storage space. I think the 2tb box should only be a £65 install though, not sure where they are getting £199 from!
He doesn't have a 4k screen or a second screen. Would also prefer the 2TB for storage and eventual 4k.

If you try to add Q with just the main 1TB or 2TB box through the online account it is £199 install for either of them. That's also what I got told in chat and on the phone to that magic number I was given. Only way they would do a £65 install was with £12 monthly for Multiroom. He's not overly fussed so is happy to wait.

Back
Top Bottom