*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
So I have just checked and I’m out of contract with Sky on Phone , Fibre and Sky Q Silver .

I’m currently paying £118 for everything , what could I reasonably expect to negotiate things down to ?

Have just negotiated down to £99 a month unde a mangers URN ( whatever that is ) for everything, was about to say yes when I was told the offer was for another 18 month contract .

So to recap £ 99 a month gets me contracted by back in for 18 months with .

1.Sky Q silver , cinema , box sets and sky sports .
2. Another Sly q box ( think that comes under Sky Q silver anyhow )
3. Fibre unlimited
4. Line rental and anytime calls .

Ta

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky have asked me to sign up for a note 18 months to get a discount but I don’t feel it’s cheap enough.

If I call there bluff and go down termination route can I uncancel at any moment during my notice period if I don’t get a further offer ?

Soldato
Hi @MisChief

My old neighbour got SkyQ inbstalled a few months back, they put up a new dish, thanks again for the code to get him setup.

He’s moving a few doors up but the new property has an old Sky dish, will the new Sky box work with the old dish?

Cheers

Soldato
Have managed to haggle down to £93 a month through the chat box for Sky Q silver , fibre unlimited and phone ( free calls ect ) , trouble is it’s another 18 months contract .

Think I can get more off if I terminate ?

Associate
My existing deal has just run out, forgot it was nearing expiry until the £92 came out of our account, doh! We're currently getting the full TV package for this, boxsets/sports HD/cinema/multiscreen, no phone or internet. We previously had a 50% discount for the year on the subscription and boxsets (didnt cover sports/HD) which was coming out at about £68/month I think. Whats the best way to get a decent offer again this year, go through the whole cancellation process yet again? Would be interested in Sky Q if it comes out at a similar price now?

Associate
My existing deal has just run out, forgot it was nearing expiry until the £92 came out of our account, doh! We're currently getting the full TV package for this, boxsets/sports HD/cinema/multiscreen, no phone or internet. We previously had a 50% discount for the year on the subscription and boxsets (didnt cover sports/HD) which was coming out at about £68/month I think. Whats the best way to get a decent offer again this year, go through the whole cancellation process yet again? Would be interested in Sky Q if it comes out at a similar price now?
In a very similar position to you, plus our BT broadband contract has expired so considering going with Sky for the BB also... I was just planning on going down the cancellation route...

Associate
Just spoken to Sky. My Sky Q contract expires beginning of Feb (2Tb box and 2 Mini Boxes). Was offered the following:

18 Month Contract
40% off the Core TV Package
Complete Sports Pack - £20 a month
Sky Sports HD for £2 a month
SKY Q Multi-Screen

£56.80 a month.

Processing my cancellation now.

Are they likely to come back with anything better?

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ah.... still, seems ok. No harm in waiting until it goes off if you can live without for a while. Only just spotted that's the core TV package, thought it was everything (movies+sports).

Back
Top Bottom