*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
My Sky Q deal is coming to an end in a month, what sort of deals have people been offered by playing the usual cancellation game recently?

Man of Honour
Mine was due a few months ago, they sent me a 18 month letter keeping me at the same discount (60% off) on a rolling contract, might be worth calling them see if you can get similar?
I'm on 60% off, monthly bill is £47.60 and it expires a month today actually. I rang up and they've offered me 50% for 18 months, which means a small increase to £51. I'm tempted to take it actually. Anyone else been offered 60% off on Sky Q recently (+ one mini box and I believe it's the full package)?

Associate
I'm on 60% off, monthly bill is £47.60 and it expires a month today actually. I rang up and they've offered me 50% for 18 months, which means a small increase to £51. I'm tempted to take it actually. Anyone else been offered 60% off on Sky Q recently (+ one mini box and I believe it's the full package)?

That's strange mine is £43 with 60% off, god knows why there are always differences :)

Man of Honour
Pictures are blocked at work for me :( ill check it later :)
TV
£47.60
Box Sets
£15.20
Box Sets £38.00
Viewing Subscription Discounted -£22.80
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£11.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £27.50
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted -£16.50
Sky Cinema
£3.40
Sky Cinema £8.50
Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted -£5.10
HD Basic
FREE
Sky Sports HD
£6.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Bill total £47.60
Payment received
-£47.60

Future:
TV
£92.00
Box Sets
£38.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£27.50
Sky Cinema
£8.50
HD Basic
FREE
Sky Sports HD
£6.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Estimated total £92.00

Soldato
Back playing the cancellation game. Last year I got 60% off if I upgraded to the full package making it £32 a month, best they would do this time was 50% off some of the package but not HD bringing it up to £46/mo + £10 admin fee (so £47/mo). Already had a link offering 50% off the package making it £40/mo so we'll see if any better offers come through. As they've just paid less for their football package this year the discounts should still be there. Only want it for F1 so NowTV packs would be enough, if they can't match the £32 then the service goes. Took them 3 months to fix the DD last year so I'm not paying more.

Man of Honour
Sky online chat is useless, trying to get on it all morning. All I keep seeing is 'All of our Sky experts are currently busy with other customers'.

The call centre system needs work as well. Spend 3 minutes answering the automated questions only to get put through to a concierge, to be asked the same questions again to finally be transferred to the correct department. Rubbish.

Man of Honour
@MissChief - what's your new customer deals like?

Looks like Sky have changed their packages so the closest to my current deal they could get was around £65 a month - up from £47 so I've said no thanks and cancelled.

Should have taken the 50% off deal I was offered 10 days ago but the old packages are apparently no more.

Caporegime
@MissChief - what's your new customer deals like?

Looks like Sky have changed their packages so the closest to my current deal they could get was around £65 a month - up from £47 so I've said no thanks and cancelled.

Should have taken the 50% off deal I was offered 10 days ago but the old packages are apparently no more.
Still pretty rubbish, only £10 off entertainment.

Associate
I'm moving home so called last week to arrange a house move. Didn't realise my contract was up in January on the £56 Sky Q Silver package deal with everything. Bill shot up to £90 and have just got off the phone with the intention of cancelling house move and services but was offered the same for another 18 months at £62, so stuck with them.

Soldato
Just been emailed an offer for SkyQ for a extra £8per month

Currently have the 60% off on HD, Cinema and Box Sets. No multiroom

Future cost would be £30.40 plus a one off cost of £115 for the 2TB box and SkyQ mini.

I'm tempted.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
How long is remaining on your 60% off? Bear in mind the SkyQ will probably (usually) be for a full 18 months so if you'll be paying full price once your 60% off ends. Unless they are extending that (rare, not seen it on here before).

Associate
My current package is the £50 pm Sky Q Box Sets bundle with a 2TB box + 1 mini. The contract was taken out Nov 16 for 12 months.

The monthly cost is due to increase to £51.50 in April so I called Sky to see if I could negotiate a new contract, possibly to include the F1 channel. I was put through to retentions, but I was only offered the new standard contracts with no discounts available e.g. if I gave up the box sets (which we don’t use), Sky could offer me a new 18-month contract with HD and multiscreen for £42 pm or £64 if the Sky Sports HD package was included.

In the end, I gave the required 31 days’ notice to leave. Was I being unrealistic to expect some discount?

Man of Honour
They've changed their packages over to the new ones so the same 60/50% off deals simply aren't on their system. I've also just cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom