*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Hi, I am in my cancellation period. Currently paying for Sky+ HD, Box Sets @ 27.50 per month. Just released I'm also at the end of my BT BB contract. Sky have offered the following, am I likely to be able to improve on the cost of the following? Thanks

Sky Entertainment Pack @ £25.00 pm
Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm
Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm
Q Multiscreen @ £12.00 pm
Sky Line Rental @ £18.99 with Pay as you Talk @ £0.00 pm
Broadband Unlimited @ £10.00 pm (Router delivery charge of £9.95 added to your first bill)
Sky Q 2TB Box and Sky Q Mini Box and free installation.

£56.00 per month (instead of £75.99) for 12 months

Associate
Hi, I am in my cancellation period. Currently paying for Sky+ HD, Box Sets @ 27.50 per month. Just released I'm also at the end of my BT BB contract. Sky have offered the following, am I likely to be able to improve on the cost of the following? Thanks

Sky Entertainment Pack @ £25.00 pm
Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm
Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm
Q Multiscreen @ £12.00 pm
Sky Line Rental @ £18.99 with Pay as you Talk @ £0.00 pm
Broadband Unlimited @ £10.00 pm (Router delivery charge of £9.95 added to your first bill)
Sky Q 2TB Box and Sky Q Mini Box and free installation.

£56.00 per month (instead of £75.99) for 12 months

Entertainment is £20 if you're in a contract, but it's an 18 month contract.

I would suggest finding out what they can do with Fibre, if it's available in your area, as for the last few weeks they are offering LR and Fibre Unlimited for £25 on an 18 month contract.

By the way, the prices you gave above equal 75.99 per month, so you have not posted the actual discounts you are getting to bring this down to 56.99. I'd assume free Broadband and something else?

Soldato
Entertainment is £20 if you're in a contract, but it's an 18 month contract.

I would suggest finding out what they can do with Fibre, if it's available in your area, as for the last few weeks they are offering LR and Fibre Unlimited for £25 on an 18 month contract.

By the way, the prices you gave above equal 75.99 per month, so you have not posted the actual discounts you are getting to bring this down to 56.99. I'd assume free Broadband and something else?

Hi, yes the discounts are from free BB I believe. I'd be happy if the price ran for the whole 18 months but have been told not to worry I can haggle again after 12... My telephone line is connected to the only cabinet in the area without fibre so I am out of luck there.

Associate
Hi, yes the discounts are from free BB I believe. I'd be happy if the price ran for the whole 18 months but have been told not to worry I can haggle again after 12... My telephone line is connected to the only cabinet in the area without fibre so I am out of luck there.

Then it sounds like it is the best you can currently get.

Associate
I’ve just finished my 31 days notice after 12 months of 60% off with sky box sets, sports and Multiscreen. They’ve offered me £12 of off entertainment and £11.50 off of sports to rejoin for 12 months. If I want Multiscreen that’s £12/month for 18 months and HD is £5/month. Problem is after 12 months when tv deal expires, how much bargaining power do I have if there is still 6 months of Multiscreen to run? Ideally I just want a 12 month contact for Multiscreen but they’re not offering this.

Any better deals out there? (I still have my sky q silver box). Thanks!

Man of Honour
Sky are offering me what I think is the complete Q package with HD and QMS for £54.50 on a 12 month contract, about £8 more PCM than I was paying before. I'm half tempted to take it.

Here is your package summary: Sky Entertainment Pack @ £25.00 pm Sky Box Set Pack @ £5.00 pm Sports & Cinema Pack @ £37.50 pm Sky Q Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm Q Multiscreen @ £12.00 pm So your total monthly cost will be £85.50 per month. ============================================= After discount you will pay £54.5 pm for 12 months

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
So, got the email saying my bill is going up next month. It represents a 10% increase per month. I appreciate that the Ts and Cs say they can increase in the year but by 10%? That's a bit steep. I've about six months to go on my contract.

Caporegime
So, got the email saying my bill is going up next month. It represents a 10% increase per month. I appreciate that the Ts and Cs say they can increase in the year but by 10%? That's a bit steep. I've about six months to go on my contract.

10% is the maximum for each individual package so your overall rise may be close to that.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Thanks MissChief. Yea it's 10% of my overall bill. So was £35 going up by £3.50. tbh not a lot especially given how little I pay, just the percentage which got me, it's a coffee a month so doesn't break the bank.

Associate
So i didnt manage to get around to cancelling and taking advantage of any 50% off offers before last month ended and understand the cancellation/offer system is different now. I have full Sky+ TV package with multi-room, no internet/phone. What should i be looking at getting if i upgrade to Sky Q? I'm not too bothered about sports and multi-room anymore, as we barely use them so am hoping we can get our current costs of over £90/month down a fair bit. Best way to go forward, ask to cancel and wait, or speak online and ask what's the best upgrade package for Q is?

Associate
I called Sky to cancel yesterday; we are still contracted to their old packages so paying a stupid amount per month (£95~) - told we could upgrade to Sky Q for £79, or keep Sky HD & pay £62 for everything we currently have:

- Entertainment
- Sports
- Kids
- Cinema
- Box Sets
- HD
- Multiroom with 1 extra box

I'm keen to move over to Sky Q, as looking to go with Sky Fibre Max to replace our BT service - just not sure if I should push and go ahead with the cancellation to see if I'll get offered a better price? Everything I'm reading seems to suggest their retention offers have changed for the worse.

Associate
I called Sky to cancel yesterday; we are still contracted to their old packages so paying a stupid amount per month (£95~) - told we could upgrade to Sky Q for £79, or keep Sky HD & pay £62 for everything we currently have:

- Entertainment
- Sports
- Kids
- Cinema
- Box Sets
- HD

I'm keen to move over to Sky Q, as looking to go with Sky Fibre Max to replace our BT service - just not sure if I should push and go ahead with the cancellation to see if I'll get offered a better price? Everything I'm reading seems to suggest their retention offers have changed for the worse.

Sounds like that's the most you can get currently. There may be something slightly better if you place the cancellation, but that's not always the case.

Man of Honour
After playing the cancellation game for a few weeks, I've just been offered:

£50.50 a month for - Entertainment TV Bundle, Box Sets pack, HD pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports HD pack, Q multi screen. That's the best I've been offered and I'm 4 days I think from cancellation. This is on a 12 month contract. The initial offer was a 12 month discount and 18 month contract and I said I would only do it if it were a 12 month contract, or the offer was applied for the whole 18 months. They then offered me a 12 month contract as an 'exception'.

I've previously been offered various deals in the range of £53.50 - £65 PCM on 12 month deals with an 18 month contract, 12 month deals and 12 months contract etc.

I was previously paying £47.60. I miss out on Kids, which the offers above included, which I never watch, so no great loss there.

The best offers I had since all the packages changed came from live chat on this link:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/stay-with-sky?DCMP=emc-pcsms

They were able to beat any quote from retentions pre and post cancellation. I was text that link about 10 days after cancelling. Hopefully this info helps someone out.

I do however think it's a bit of a lottery as I've had 3 or 4 live chat sessions and as many phone calls and I don't recall two offers being the same. Perhaps had I waited another day or so (or even as far as sending the kit back), I'd have been offered something better but I'm bored of the game now.

Soldato
I'm currently paying £15 per month for Entertainment TV Bundle, Box Sets pack, HD pack, I don't think I could get it any lower? It's nice to watch TV now and again but don't use it much at all, and the splitter doesn't seem to be getting fixed in my building so not sure if I should just cancel.

Soldato
I'm currently paying £15 per month for Entertainment TV Bundle, Box Sets pack, HD pack, I don't think I could get it any lower? It's nice to watch TV now and again but don't use it much at all, and the splitter doesn't seem to be getting fixed in my building so not sure if I should just cancel.
with, similarly, little use, went for Nowtv - typically £4 p/m - the 720p is fine. (when will sky start 1080 BB service)

Associate

- Entertainment
- Sports
- Kids
- Cinema
- Box Sets
- HD

Spoke to Sky retentions again today - they've now offered the Sky Q for £62 p/m, plus £85 up front for the larger box & the mini box... I'm tempted to go ahead with that, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom