*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been offered the following deal to renew my sky q, wondering if anyone has had any better ones:

sky q tv (hd, kids, entertainment, and cinema) + sky multiroom + sky anytime calls + sky fibre max (76mb unlimited) = 91.99pm

or

sky q tv (hd, kids, entertainment, and cinema) + sky multiroom = 45pm

Soldato
If I cancel multiroom do you think there's any chance of being offered a discount to keep it on the package? I had it free for a year but don't really use my bedroom tv other than Netflix and my 4k viewing is negligible again other than Netflix.

Associate
If I cancel multiroom do you think there's any chance of being offered a discount to keep it on the package? I had it free for a year but don't really use my bedroom tv other than Netflix and my 4k viewing is negligible again other than Netflix.

There have not been any offers for MS or QMS in months. Another conscious decision of Sky not to discount these packages currently, so if you cancel it, you’re saving £12.

What I am saying is, offers are not depending on keeping MS or QMS active. You’ll get what you’re supposed to get in both cases.

Soldato
There are deals and flash sales on the website, and there are some call centre discounts too, so either check online or call them, or wait for the next time a Friends & Family code pops up here.

As an ISP they are the least complained for across the sector, but the service can be hit and miss depending on your area.

Where are you getting the information that they're the least complained about from? I don't for a second believe that Sky is better than Zen.

Associate
Where are you getting the information that they're the least complained about from? I don't for a second believe that Sky is better than Zen.
Depends on the sample size, considering Zen isn't anywhere near as popular as sky for providing broadband they may be the least complained about compared to the amount of customers they have.

Caporegime
Caporegime
OFCOM use 'complaints per 1,000 customers' so it doesn't really matter how big or small they are. Sky have also been the least complained about for four years running.

They do only really take into account the very large companies though otherwise there would be dozens of companies compared.

All you need to know here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/research-and-data/multi-sector-research/telecoms-complaints-data
I never said that, I said their sample size was small, as in the number of internet providers they used in collecting the figures.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news...s-comparison-of-the-major-broadband-providers

Soldato
OFCOM use 'complaints per 1,000 customers' so it doesn't really matter how big or small they are. Sky have also been the least complained about for four years running.

They do only really take into account the very large companies though otherwise there would be dozens of companies compared.

All you need to know here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/research-and-data/multi-sector-research/telecoms-complaints-data

Ofcom. But their sample size was small.

Depends on the sample size, considering Zen isn't anywhere near as popular as sky for providing broadband they may be the least complained about compared to the amount of customers they have.

I had a look at Ofcom and figured that as Zen isn't mentioned in any of their comparisons, that they're exluded due to size. It's a bit misleading to say that Sky are the least complained about broadband supplier in the sector though. You're literally comparing them against some of the worst suppliers out there. So basically they're the best of the worst.

Associate

No wonder Talk talk are at the top for complaints, never had so many issues before with a broadband provider.

I think we will soon see Vodafone on this too

Associate
I had a look at Ofcom and figured that as Zen isn't mentioned in any of their comparisons, that they're exluded due to size. It's a bit misleading to say that Sky are the least complained about broadband supplier in the sector though. You're literally comparing them against some of the worst suppliers out there. So basically they're the best of the worst.

Personally, I was referring to the OFCOM report as well. Whether you’d like to consider the report or not is a whole different matter. The report includes other major suppliers though, so if you’re happy with Zen or another small supplier, then they may be the least complained of the small suppliers.

Associate
It's also unfair to include a company like Zen with Sky as they're in two completely different boats in terms of how many customers they have.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've been offered the following deal to renew my sky q, wondering if anyone has had any better ones:

sky q tv (hd, kids, entertainment, and cinema) + sky multiroom + sky anytime calls + sky fibre max (76mb unlimited) = 91.99pm

or

sky q tv (hd, kids, entertainment, and cinema) + sky multiroom = 45pm

TV looks ok but thats means they are trying to charge you £46.99 for Sky Fibre Max which is way above whats available elsewhere.
I have 76mb EE Fibre Plus at £33 p/m and am very happy which would save £15 p/m if you moved.

Associate
TV looks ok but thats means they are trying to charge you £46.99 for Sky Fibre Max which is way above whats available elsewhere.
I have 76mb EE Fibre Plus at £33 p/m and am very happy which would save £15 p/m if you moved.

Thanks. Decided to go with bt infinity 76mbs which works out to 33pm with credit and rewards and will prob go for the sky. Just not sure whether cinema is worth the extra 10 pounds or not

Associate
Hi, have been with Sky for 17 years and had bigger and smaller TV packages over the years but recently been on a small one to keep costs down. Currently we have:
Sky Anytime Talk Extra (£8) with 1571 (£2) (and of course Line Rental (£18.99))
Sky Broadband Unlimited (£11.01) - No fibre available where we live right now.
Sky+ HD Box (no HD subscription) with Variety package (£33.50)

Including the cancellation call, I have phoned up Sky twice about this, and also received one call from what the agent described as a 'back office' retentions team.

The package I have discussed with them is the same in term of Phone but upgrading to Fibre and Sky Q with all apart from kids:
Sky Anytime Talk Extra with 1571 and Line Rental
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Q with Sports HD, Cinema, Multiscreen, Box Sets... basically can't remember all the package names but everything apart from kids and all in HD with multiroom.
Sky mobile unlim texts/mins with 500mb monthly data that rolls over and 3gb data in the bank to start.

Offer of 43k inch LG 4k TV from £599 to £249.
Free installation of all products, 1 free sky Q minibox, further miniboxes £69.

Initial phone call to them I was offered this at £107. Received a phone call back about a week later and they couldn't get it any lower despite being a 'back office' retention team that claimed they had access to better deals. Suggested I ring up the Broadband dept to see if they had any. I did and she was quick and helpful but nothing better. Called in last Friday to extend the date we wanted cancellation by two weeks due to house move being delayed, was offered this package at £91. Just been on live chat to confirm cancellation date and they cannot beat this.

What do you think of this offer? Any other suggestions or advice to wait it out longer?

Many thanks.

Associate
From the sounds of it, I don't think you can get it for much cheaper than £91. It's essentially a complete bundle with everything Sky offers except for kids channels.

The RRP or full price for all that you mentioned is 139.99, I doubt they can do much better than 91.

You may want to give them another go in a few days out of curiosity.

Soldato
I don't think offers as deep as this are around these days. Sky felt it undervalued the service and wasn't fair on existing customers. Most you'll get these days is 20-30%.

That is music to my ears, if that turns out to be true I'll be getting a 100% discount.

Edit seems the 60% discount is still alive https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480644&page=82#topofpage and https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2141149/sky-not-doing-deals-anymore/p105

Back
Top Bottom