*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
What’s that mean
You are a long way from the green boxy thing at the end of your street etc :D
I am in same boat too,my cab is 2 MILES away,little to no chance of fibre here :(
Worst is that Openreach LIE on their site.2 years ago it was progressing all the way up to ready to order,then bam disappeared completely
Before that it was we are adding a new exchange,now back to exploring:(:mad:

Associate
Did you have to do the whole cancellation and hang fire for a few weeks to get that? I put in my cancellation yesterday as they couldn’t offer me anything better than £54 for the full Sky+ HD package on an 18month contract.
No I didn’t do cancellations. I’ve been with sky for years and somehow 2 year ago was put on a 50% off tariff but they put it for 7 years and I only had a 1 year contract.
Moved addresses and problem with communal dish so I intermittently don’t get signal on 1 input. So after talking to sky finally agreed at putting up new dish and getting sky q 2tb box with same deal I am on now and remaining out of contract. No multiroom as I only own 1 tv and don’t have a 4K tv hence happy to tell sky I don’t need any other extras.

Associate
:( Highly recommend avoiding trying to cancel Sky through the messenger agents, they're painfully slow and keep delaying with questions.
I've had the chat open for over an hour so far and no sign of progress, the person I was speaking to has even not read any of my messages for the past 10 minutes...

I'd normally phone to cancel but my phone in playing up at the moment.

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I managed to cancel mine on chat yesterday. I started the chat, went along with the questions as I was keen to see what options.

I didn't have time to finish so logged back in and sent a message to say thanks but please process and it was done.

Pretty easy in my experience.

Soldato
I managed to cancel mine on chat yesterday. I started the chat, went along with the questions as I was keen to see what options.

I didn't have time to finish so logged back in and sent a message to say thanks but please process and it was done.

Pretty easy in my experience.
I've not had any issues with it in the past either, not sure if the discounts would be the same as phoning up or not?

Soldato
£46 here for everything.

What do you mean by everything?

My "starter deal" (thanks to MissChief) was £52 for everything...that was:

80meg Fibre
2TB Sky Q box
2x mini boxes
Movies
Sports
Boxsets
STD phone

It's now gone up to £88 (has been for almost a year), I'm on a 30 day rolling contract so considering trying for a better deal as I hardly watch it...

Cheers,

Soldato
Called to cancel today and they offered me sky q with multi room for £35. This is for everything except sports and movies. Does it seem like a decent offer?
Sounds like a no brainer because now I feel mugged off as renegotiated my contract yesterday. Was paying £41.75 for Sky HD+ everything but sports. Was going to go up to £62. Renegotiated and got it back down to £42.

Now I wish I'd asked for sky q stuff if you got offered £35, that takes the ****

Associate
You have Sky Cinema, that’s why you are paying more.

Soulja was probably offered Entertainment for 20, kids, HD, Box Sets for 1 each and QMS for 12, so 35.

Cinema costs 10 per month, so if you had got his offer you’d be paying 45. Instead you were offered the same deal for 42?

Sky Q is just the equipment, you would not have been offered extra discounts to get it.

Soldato
You have Sky Cinema, that’s why you are paying more.

Soulja was probably offered Entertainment for 20, kids, HD, Box Sets for 1 each and QMS for 12, so 35.

Cinema costs 10 per month, so if you had got his offer you’d be paying 45. Instead you were offered the same deal for 42?

Sky Q is just the equipment, you would not have been offered extra discounts to get it.

haha I don't know why I didn't read the bit about movies. That'd be why. I haven't got a 4K tv but the missus loves to record everything so it would have been nice with a box to record more than 2 channels. Anyway at least I know it's not been a mugging off now.

Associate
Hi all

I’m new to this forum but been reading regulary .

My Sky tv deal ran out last month (full package , HD and multi room ) which was £48 pm

I’ve phoned up to cancel and the best deal for the same package they could offer me was 77 pounds . I politely declined and waited for the phonecall from the cancellation team .

Had two phone calls and the best I have been offered is HD+ And multi room for £51 or £67 for a 2TB sky q box plus a mini and full package .

I’m more interested in the Sky Q deal but not sure if the deal is good enough .

What does every one think ?

Back
Top Bottom