*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I'm so happy I ditched sky.

Gigablue 4k with multi lnb and terrestrial
Netflix
Now tv
Amazon Prime

£17.99 amonth (now tv always gives you half price when you go to cancel)

I don't have sports...

Gigablue allows me to IPTV to other rooms too for Freesat and freeview watching.

Soldato
I'd probably get the 2TB Q but there is no way I'm paying 199 upfront...Freesat no longer has Channel 4 HD so I'm looking at my options...

Also can you get 4k without the multi screen ? I'm a tad confused....

Get an open box like vu or giga and put both satellite and terrestrial tuners in.

4hd only left Freesat EPG, it's not left the satellite.

Man of Honour
I can’t seem to get 4K to work on either of the inputs I’ve tried (1 and 2, all 4 are meant to be HDCP 2.2).

Could it be my amp? It’s pretty old but apparently does support 4K (Pioneer SC2024).

Man of Honour
That's what I'm starting to think. I'm going to try a cable direct from the Sky box to the TV and see if that works. I wasn't expecting to have to replace the amp as well. :(

Soldato
That's what I'm starting to think. I'm going to try a cable direct from the Sky box to the TV and see if that works. I wasn't expecting to have to replace the amp as well. :(

Early models with unstable standards unfortunately.

I had a soundbar that didn't support hdr, I didn't realise I needed it to explicitly say it supported it, I thought it was all under the 4k banner. But thankfully it cooked itself twice so I got a full refund 13 months later and then bought new with the right supported features. I was very lucky, and Amazon were very good.

Direct link will tell all, do you think there is firmware on the amp that could be upgraded?

Man of Honour
I'm pretty resigned to the fact that I need to replace it. Also I'm unsure why I posted about the TV etc in this thread, I intended to put it in the Sky Q thread.

Soldato
Could anyone help. I am in contract until June but in December my 60% off expires. Would sky renew my contract from Dec for another 18monthd? Otherwise my bill will go up to £90 a month and that's too much.
I guess I could downgrade. What would be the lowest I could pay on sky q ?
Thanks

Associate
The price will go up but you won't be in contract with them. Call 30 days before the end of the discount period and see what they can do.

Man of Honour
What do you mean by everything?

My "starter deal" (thanks to MissChief) was £52 for everything...that was:

80meg Fibre
2TB Sky Q box
2x mini boxes
Movies
Sports
Boxsets
STD phone

It's now gone up to £88 (has been for almost a year), I'm on a 30 day rolling contract so considering trying for a better deal as I hardly watch it...

Cheers,
Sorry for the late reply, and also the lie as I am paying £50.50:

Code:
TV
£50.50
Sky Entertainment
Including discounts
£11.00
Sky Box Sets
Including discounts
£2.50
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
Including discounts
£9.00
Sky Cinema
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
Including discounts
£3.50
Sky HD
Including discounts
£2.50
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00

Now that I have a 4K TV, can I cancel the 'HD' packs when the contract ends?

Associate
Hi all - newbie to this forum so some advice would be great. I’ve been a sky customer for 12+ years. I’ve had Sky Q from the get go so I’m now out of contract. I am paying £95.50 a month for the complete package plus multiroom (no broadband or calls as that’s with BT). I called today to get a better deal and was offered £76 a month for the equivalent package minus the box sets (and on an 18 month contract). I’m convinced this is pretty poor and their first attempt at keeping me. I’ve not yet gone through tontje cancellation department not seeing as I have Netflix/Prime and the option of Now TV all on my LG TV I’m seriously tempted. That said, as a family we’re all comfortable with the Sky ecosystem so my preference would be to stay but as a platinum VIP customer (not sure if that actually counts for much) I was expecting a better deal.

Caporegime
Hi all - newbie to this forum so some advice would be great. I’ve been a sky customer for 12+ years. I’ve had Sky Q from the get go so I’m now out of contract. I am paying £95.50 a month for the complete package plus multiroom (no broadband or calls as that’s with BT). I called today to get a better deal and was offered £76 a month for the equivalent package minus the box sets (and on an 18 month contract). I’m convinced this is pretty poor and their first attempt at keeping me. I’ve not yet gone through tontje cancellation department not seeing as I have Netflix/Prime and the option of Now TV all on my LG TV I’m seriously tempted. That said, as a family we’re all comfortable with the Sky ecosystem so my preference would be to stay but as a platinum VIP customer (not sure if that actually counts for much) I was expecting a better deal.
Play the cancel game. Actually go through with it and put your notice in and see what happens in 2-3 weeks time. You can stop it at any point prior to it cancelling and even for a few days after you've cancelled and they've yet to demand the Q boxes back.

Soldato
Sorry for the late reply, and also the lie as I am paying £50.50:

Code:
TV
£50.50
Sky Entertainment
Including discounts
£11.00
Sky Box Sets
Including discounts
£2.50
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
Including discounts
£9.00
Sky Cinema
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
Including discounts
£3.50
Sky HD
Including discounts
£2.50
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00

Now that I have a 4K TV, can I cancel the 'HD' packs when the contract ends?

Thanks,

I guess my ~£90 isn't too bad as I have the above plus max fibre, still £90 seems seems a lot to pay.

Not sure regarding your "HD" cancelling question although I suspect the deals you have are combined so cancelling one will have knock on effects?

Back
Top Bottom