*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
FYI. I cancelled sky 7 months ago and I get the same letter through the door every month.

£15 for entertainment
£1 for every add on like HD, boxsets, kids, etc.
£17/£18 for sports
£11 for movies/cinema

works out to like £45 for everything. i cancelled my tv license at the same time too as without sky i don't watch live tv or iplayer. so i need to add that on top which is like £13 a month. which brings it closer to £60 a month.

I just don't believe that is good value for money when netflix and prime together are like £15 a month. the sports i really only watch a handful of games so if i take that out it's sill 3 times as much as both netflix and prime together.

Soldato
Just tried to upgrade to uhd (taking multi room). Dont mind the £12 extra but was told a £120 engineer visit was needed. Told them where to shove it. Not paying that to replace a sky q box and connect a mini to my wifi. Complete robbery.

Contract ends in December. Anyone got any ideas for best options? I have the full package as was on a friends and family at £35 a month, but only really watch sky sports and then it's movies on Netflix. Does anyone else offer sky sports in 4k or just sky at moment?

RJC

RJC

Don
Did not managed to get a better deal than £47.74 a month for everythig - coluld not remove anything as the deal was for the complete package and I could not cancel as I recently had Sky Q installed in April, Ended up just with the basic package £21 a month.

Will get Now TV for films and watch F1 on C4 or purchase a day pass.

Man of Honour
F1 will only be on Sky from next year if I remember right. At the moment it has been the main thing that has made me keep Sky but with this season being yet another with boring on track action I have just lost interest in it and will finally be getting rid of Sky altogether in January. I will be going back to BT for my Fibre thank god!! Sky has been the worst internet connection that I have ever had.

Soldato
Well I've finally had it with sky. Had a fantastic deal on skyq but now it's coming out of contract and they can't get anywhere close to my current deal. Without me signing up to another 18 month contract it will go to a whopping £145 a month lolololololol

NowTV can do fibre and landline for £20 a month and can bolt on the entertainment and movie channels (albeit without sports) for an extra £7

That'll do

Plus, I was always annoyed at paying sky £12 a month just to be able to use the skyq app on the ipad

Last edited:
Associate
Well I've finally had it with sky.

Pretty much the same here. After 20 odd years I finally ended the TV contract yesterday after a couple of frustrating calls to ask what they could do to tempt me to stay. Their best offer for fibre BB and TV didn't even match one of Sky's current adverts I later spotted on the back of a magazine (for new and existing customers). I'm actually surprised how annoyed I am that they even tried to get me to sign up to a deal that was worse than one of their current published offers, and I doubt that any 50% or whatever 'cancellation game' offer that arrives would change my mind now.

So, probably heading for YouView/Netflix and maybe NowTV for the F1, and just need to decide who to go with for the FTTC broadband to ditch that part of it too!

Soldato
Pretty much the same here. After 20 odd years I finally ended the TV contract yesterday after a couple of frustrating calls to ask what they could do to tempt me to stay. Their best offer for fibre BB and TV didn't even match one of Sky's current adverts I later spotted on the back of a magazine (for new and existing customers). I'm actually surprised how annoyed I am that they even tried to get me to sign up to a deal that was worse than one of their current published offers, and I doubt that any 50% or whatever 'cancellation game' offer that arrives would change my mind now.

So, probably heading for YouView/Netflix and maybe NowTV for the F1, and just need to decide who to go with for the FTTC broadband to ditch that part of it too!

Check out nowtv broadband offers

Caporegime
Just tried to upgrade to uhd (taking multi room). Dont mind the £12 extra but was told a £120 engineer visit was needed. Told them where to shove it. Not paying that to replace a sky q box and connect a mini to my wifi. Complete robbery.

Contract ends in December. Anyone got any ideas for best options? I have the full package as was on a friends and family at £35 a month, but only really watch sky sports and then it's movies on Netflix. Does anyone else offer sky sports in 4k or just sky at moment?
What box do you currently have? You may need an upgrade to the 2TB box, or perhaps a Mini install but we can now do these as self install much cheaper. Trust message me your details if you want me to have a look for you.

Well I've finally had it with sky. Had a fantastic deal on skyq but now it's coming out of contract and they can't get anywhere close to my current deal. Without me signing up to another 18 month contract it will go to a whopping £145 a month lolololololol

NowTV can do fibre and landline for £20 a month and can bolt on the entertainment and movie channels (albeit without sports) for an extra £7

That'll do

Plus, I was always annoyed at paying sky £12 a month just to be able to use the skyq app on the ipad

Even on top package with max fibre it shouldn't come out anywhere near that and there are offers available pretty much everywhere, some without a re-contract too. What package do you have?

Soldato
Even on top package with max fibre it shouldn't come out anywhere near that and there are offers available pretty much everywhere, some without a re-contract too. What package do you have?

I've made my mind up but was paying £79 for

Skyq 2tb
Skyq mini with multiscreen
All channels including boxsets, sports and movies
Sports hd
80mb fibre max
Line rental
Evenings and weekend calls

They said no offers unless we recontracted so gone with now TV for line, broadband, entertainment and movies for £27

When he said £145 I nearly burst out laughing

Thing with sky is that they say different things to different people

Soldato
I can't see me ever getting sky again under the current business model. You got Zero bargaining power with the Q system. Don't want to pay after your discount contract runs out???? Tough, cancel as you have to return the equipment. They literally have you by the balls.

Soldato
I can't see me ever getting sky again under the current business model. You got Zero bargaining power with the Q system. Don't want to pay after your discount contract runs out???? Tough, cancel as you have to return the equipment. They literally have you by the balls.

Can't wait to leave. I mean, having to pay £12 a month just to use the ipad app! come on!!
Everyone is paying a different amount and everyone gets told something different each time they phone up.

I remember posting my sky deal on here 18 months ago and basically most forum members thought the deal I had was fake (as in too cheap)...yet now, it's too expensive! that's the thing about sky......the highs and lows are too great.

I ended up going for sky q 2tb plus a mini and everything except sports and movies for £31 a month. Free installation as well.

I think that's about normal. Once you add on broadband, line rental, talk package, sports, movies, hd pack....and come out of contract you better pull your pants down with sky! The deals today don't seem to be as good as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I think that's about normal. Once you add on broadband, line rental, talk package, sports, movies, hd pack....and come out of contract you better pull your pants down with sky! The deals today don't seem to be as good as before.

I have the HD pack & box sets. I'll just leave if the price goes up to a silly amount.

Soldato
Any advice on how to approach negotiating a better deal I feel I'm paying quite a lot for what I'm getting.

Variety £33.50
Sky Cinema £18.00
Sky+HD Pack £13.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack £12.00

Sky Talk Line Rental £18.99
Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra £4.00
Caller Display FREE
Sky WiFi FREE
Sky Fibre Unlimited £20.00

Total £121 a month

It feels like broadband and line rental are particularly expensive.

Caporegime
Any advice on how to approach negotiating a better deal I feel I'm paying quite a lot for what I'm getting.

Variety £33.50
Sky Cinema £18.00
Sky+HD Pack £13.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack £12.00

Sky Talk Line Rental £18.99
Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra £4.00
Caller Display FREE
Sky WiFi FREE
Sky Fibre Unlimited £20.00

Total £121 a month

It feels like broadband and line rental are particularly expensive.
So you could easily reduce this without too much trouble. Do you need the old HD pack for the F1? If not, Entertainment + HD is £25pm for 18m. Cinema can be had for £10pm for 18m too. You should be able to get a decent discount on your Fibre too if you look around and talk to the agent about the deals you've found, being specific. I'd say at least £30 for both Fibre and Line Rental should be doable.

£25 Ent+HD, £10 Cinema, MS £12, Fibre + LR £30, Calls £4. £81?

Back
Top Bottom