*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
That still leaves the obsured practice of being forced into multiscreen for 4k even if you don't want it. And on that subject I still don't see why a 2 tb box is needed when 1 tb will do. Say the boxes can't do it is a nonsense.

Having 2 separate design boxes for the Q system makes no sense and isn't cost affective. So the 1tb should easily be able to do it.

Do you object to paying £12 or that the cost is called 'Multiscreen'?

Caporegime
Sky need to seriously get their act together in sorting out a way for everyone to be able to access 4K content. Restricting it to one box in a Sky Q household only is just backwards at a time when even the BBC are rolling out superb 4K content to everyone via iPlayer.

Soldato
Sky need to seriously get their act together in sorting out a way for everyone to be able to access 4K content. Restricting it to one box in a Sky Q household only is just backwards at a time when even the BBC are rolling out superb 4K content to everyone via iPlayer.
Agree with this. It’s crazy that you can’t get 4K through the mini boxes.

Associate
Looks like i have to play the cancellation game now, I was paying £44 a month for the complete package with Q and a Mini box, hoping to get a familiar price...... I will update with what i get

After a quick chat online, I have the complete package down to £51 a month, including multiroom. I think we will take that but then drop the mutliroom (Will be £39 then)

Caporegime
I’m talking about all boxes, not just sky Q ones. They should develop a new regular Sky+HD box capable of 4K as well.
Why would they do that? They have Sky Q which is now the default option for new customers? I believe they trialled UHD on mini boxes during their testing and prototype stages and it didn't work very well. Also the number of people who have more than one 4k/UHD capable TV's is in the low single digit percent. Why create something for such a small market?

The naming of Sky Q Multiscreen is changing soon anyway. Will that make you feel better?

Caporegime
Why would they do that? They have Sky Q which is now the default option for new customers? I believe they trialled UHD on mini boxes during their testing and prototype stages and it didn't work very well. Also the number of people who have more than one 4k/UHD capable TV's is in the low single digit percent. Why create something for such a small market?

The naming of Sky Q Multiscreen is changing soon anyway. Will that make you feel better?
No, because 4K will still not be available for people who need 4 boxes.

Caporegime
Single percentage of Sky Customers and wouldn't work via the wireless link. If you connected each box to the dish then you'd not have one of Sky Q's major advantages.
I appreciate that, but it’s still very frustrating to know that I am unlikely to ever be able to have 4K with Sky. I would have Sky Q in a heartbeat if you could watch on the main box plus three mini boxes. I don’t know what stops them from doing that.

Caporegime
I appreciate that, but it’s still very frustrating to know that I am unlikely to ever be able to have 4K with Sky. I would have Sky Q in a heartbeat if you could watch on the main box plus three mini boxes. I don’t know what stops them from doing that.
I asked and they said it didn't perform well during testing. Not sure if it was bandwidth or what but the box uses a tuner for each mini box in use so it would impact the number of recordings that could be made simultaneously as well.

Soldato
Left Sky last September and have been very happy with Virgin, for the most part. Received a letter from Sky inviting me to return with some very decent deals and a link to the online site to order these deals and avoid a £20 fee if ordered using online chat or telephone. Using the link I tried to order the deals and got an error message which then invited me to order via online chat or telephone.......DOH! Why cant Sky come up with an online ordering system where you buy the products YOU the customer want, check out and get a date when the engineer comes. Its not rocket science for christs sake!!

The deals were, Sky Entertainment £15pm for 18m, box sets £1pm, kids £1pm, 7 sports channels £15pm, Sky Cinema £10pm oh and HD for £1pm. (ridiculous still charging for HD) Total £43pm.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Left Sky last September and have been very happy with Virgin, for the most part. Received a letter from Sky inviting me to return with some very decent deals and a link to the online site to order these deals and avoid a £20 fee if ordered using online chat or telephone. Using the link I tried to order the deals and got an error message which then invited me to order via online chat or telephone.......DOH! Why cant Sky come up with an online ordering system where you buy the products YOU the customer want, check out and get a date when the engineer comes. Its not rocket science for christs sake!!

It generally does work this way for many customers. It may be down to an account based issue. An open service call from years ago, two email addresses marked as primary and other account glitches cause some strange issues.

Soldato
It generally does work this way for many customers. It may be down to an account based issue. An open service call from years ago, two email addresses marked as primary and other account glitches cause some strange issues.

Mmm, according to Sky they think I still have broadband with them, which I don't, this may explain why they didn't offer me a broadband deal. I did keep my email account with Sky though, could be something to do with that, its very irritating though and these sort of **** ups were part of the reason I left after 25 loyal years. Have given Virgin their 30 days notice so will see what transpires.

Caporegime
Mmm, according to Sky they think I still have broadband with them, which I don't, this may explain why they didn't offer me a broadband deal. I did keep my email account with Sky though, could be something to do with that, its very irritating though and these sort of **** ups were part of the reason I left after 25 loyal years. Have given Virgin their 30 days notice so will see what transpires.
I'm not back in until Thursday but if you don't get it sorted before then I'm happy to have a look for you

Associate
My Sky discount was coming to an end in October was on the full package for £43 but rising to £88. Called Sky twice without much luck in keeping my 60% discount, best they offered was what new customers get which was Entertainment plus box sets and Sports with HD pack plus multiroom for £59pm. Went through to retentions and got the same package offered for £46 plus I added kids for £1 so £47 for everything except movies which i'll look to add later.

Moved over to Sky Q 2tb plus 1 mini as well as it was only £20 due to VIP offer, not done it before as its a 18 month contract and i've been on 12 month discounts for the last 2 years but since I signed a new 18 month deal for the above package it was worth doing it now.

Associate
As I've said before, Sky are in a good place right now when it comes to customer numbers, so they can afford not to give the massive discounts they were giving in the past. They can also afford to lose some customers who will go to competitors and shake up the market a little bit.

A company that gives customers 60% off and gift vouchers and all kinds of stuff in order to get them to join, are not doing it just because they love their customers. All these companies are out there to make money and have shareholders who scrutinize everything, so if customer numbers decrease, they need to do something, or their share will also plummet.

Back
Top Bottom