*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
So i gave up on live chat online for cancelling TV, and went through the upgrade live chat. Best they could offer for an upgrade to SkyQ was for £79/month for the full TV package, plus £20 for 1TB and £50 for a mini, plus £10admin.

Wasn't too happy with that so went onto contacting them via facebook messenger. Firstly they offered £77/mo for the upgrade. Said no and wanted to cancel, and got through to retentions. The best offer when i said i wanted to cancel was £62/mo (inc £1/mo for kids/HD/boxsets), which i'm happy with as a monthly cost, but that's for the SkyHD boxes we have now and not Q. I asked how much the upgrade would be for a 2TB and a mini, and was told £95. Again, not too bad i thought for 2 new boxes and installation, but he said with that offer, the monthly cost again would be £79! Apparently he says 'When upgrading to Sky Q, we can't apply specific offers to your subscription to reduce costs as the system does not allow us to.'

So, Sky people, is that a load of rubbish and i should proceed to cancel, or is it right he cant apply specific offers when you're also upgrading to Q?

Cheers.

It is true that some subscription discounts are not compatible with equipment discounts at the same time (i.e. point of order or same phone call) due to the system picking it up as offer stacking.

The easiest workaround is to accept subscription discounts for the monthly price you're happy with, and then give them a call a week or two later to discuss installation pricing. Your cooling off period is 31 days with any contract, so if 2 weeks later you're not happy with it all, you can still get out.

Associate
Thanks for the reply. Good point about the 30 day cooling off period, hadn't thought about that.

We don't have any installation pricing though for that offer as it uses our existing dish/boxes? You think it may still be possible to contact Sky again in a week or 2 and ask about the Q upgrade offer? The sky agent im talking to on messenger said this 'The offer to upgrade of £95 would not be eligible as the offers you apply today would not allow us to upgrade you to Sky Q' when i asked about doing what you say. Bluffing? I'm sure it must be possible to upgrade to SkyQ after talking out this new 18month contract?

Associate
Thanks for the reply. Good point about the 30 day cooling off period, hadn't thought about that.

We don't have any installation pricing though for that offer as it uses our existing dish/boxes? You think it may still be possible to contact Sky again in a week or 2 and ask about the Q upgrade offer? The sky agent im talking to on messenger said this 'The offer to upgrade of £95 would not be eligible as the offers you apply today would not allow us to upgrade you to Sky Q' when i asked about doing what you say. Bluffing? I'm sure it must be possible to upgrade to SkyQ after talking out this new 18month contract?

It will be possible to upgrade your equipment after taking out the contract, just be ready to play the cancellation game whilst in your cooling off period.

Soldato
Looking to get Sky TV only in my new place.

What are the best current deals for TV only? From what I can see the basic package with hd is £25 and no cheaper, which is the standard price on the Sky website (£20 for entertainment, £5 for HD)

If wanting to add extras like Sports & Sky Q the monthly cost can be anything from £37/month for everything (no broadband or phone) to ???/month.

I’ve had Sky in about 5 houses previously and it’s always a chore speaking to anyone there and trying to negotiate a deal. The kast time I had Sky I was paying £45/month for everything - TV package only (no Q as that didnt exist, or multiroom)

Associate
Did they contact you? My deal runs out in February, I'm paying £55 for similar, so I'm looking to get another deal before I end up paying £90+.

No. I've contacted them. Haven't actually cancelled, just said i was planning too. I'm paying £56 at the moment, with it due to go back up to £86 next month.

I've seen people with much better offers.

Associate
Cancelled.

Mydeal page is now showing

Sky Entertainment £20 -> £13
Sky Kids £5 -> £1
Sky HD £5 -> £1
Sky Cinema and Sky Sports £40 -> £21

Total monthly cost £70 -> £36

Then the £12 on top for SkyQ Experience!

Associate
is boxsets not included then?

Here we go.

12 months contract on Sky TV pack £10 admin fee added In your next bill Here is your package summary:

Sky Entertainment Pack @ £13.00 pm(£12 off)
Sky Kids Pack @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sky Box Sets @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sky HD Pack @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sports & Cinema Pack @ £21.00 pm (£19 off)
Sky Q Experience @ £12.00 pm

So your total monthly cost will be £49 a month for 1st 12 months.

Happy with that!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Here we go.

12 months contract on Sky TV pack £10 admin fee added In your next bill Here is your package summary:

Sky Entertainment Pack @ £13.00 pm(£12 off)
Sky Kids Pack @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sky Box Sets @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sky HD Pack @ £1.00 pm(£4 off)
Sports & Cinema Pack @ £21.00 pm (£19 off)
Sky Q Experience @ £12.00 pm

So your total monthly cost will be £49 a month for 1st 12 months.

Happy with that!

yeah that is a good deal IMO would be hard to get better

Associate
I dont get why people (specially IT literate people) are paying 50-90 quid a month to get TV channels full of adverts and not even get the latest episodes/season of series when they come out... If it was advert free then maybe its worth it, but its not.

Just get Netflix subscription, and stream or download other stuff, it will save you a bundle of money and you have no stupid adverts every 10-15 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom