*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
£39 was the best they could do for just Entertainment + HD + Sports. I remember seeing a URL recently you could check with a 'please don't cancel' offer on it once you've cancelled, anyone have it?

Soldato
Did you try and target the newbies £30 specator deal which is that pkg afaik ?

Yeah, they wouldn't offer any more pre-cancelling.

Got offered £32 p/m for Entertainment + HD + Sports this morning, I want to try and add Q Experience and the 2tb box as well but they don't seen to want to do that - just tell me to call upgrades?

Soldato
Got offered £32 p/m for Entertainment + HD + Sports this morning, I want to try and add Q Experience and the 2tb box as well but they don't seen to want to do that - just tell me to call upgrades?
hadn't realised you were on an older box, but with the limited 4k content, the pound of flesh they want for the Q lnb/install is excessive, ... just run the hdmi over IP if you need a 2nd room too ?

Soldato
Just renewed my Sky HD with landline, Fibre Max and basic landline as noticed my monthly bill was creeping up with Sky.

Rang them yesterday - 1 hour call. managed to go from £65 pm

offered same as I have just lowered monthly cost:

Sky HD
Landline
Fibre Max @£53.50 pm x18

asked about Sky Q

£20 installation and then the same £53.50 pm x18 month

So went with that. Thought that seemed a good deal. I think I have the variety pack.

Never asked about a mini box though as did not know about that. Nor did they mention it.

Caporegime
Aye good luck getting through to them as well, no doubt they have many annoyed customers ringing them up to complain about the price rise.

Mine's effectively gone up 6%, funnily enough my wage hasn't gone up that amount so they're getting told where to go regardless of how long I have to wait on hold.

Soldato
Currently paying £41 and Sky are deciding to shaft me twice it seems. My current package is:

TV £41.00

Sky Entertainment
Including discounts
£20.00

Sky Box Sets
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Kids
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Cinema
Including discounts
£6.00

Sky HD
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Multiscreen
£12.00

See It First (WHAT EVEN IS THIS??)
FREE

Sky Go Extra
Including discounts
FREE

Sky 3D
FREE

Sky+ Subscription
FREE

Sky+ Subscription
FREE

Charges for 27 Feb to 25 Mar

Why am I paying for 27 days?
See It First - 27 days
FREE

Estimated total £41.00

I've checked My Sky and the Future bills are showing this...

Bill for 26 Mar - 25 Apr = £41
Bill for 26 Apr - 25 May = £44
Bill for 26 May - 25 Jun = £50.97

A total increase of £9.97 over 2 months. Now the email I got from Sky yesterday states the below

Sky TV Increase £2.00
Sky Cinema £1.00
Sky Multiscreen Increase £1.00 per subscription

I don't understand how I can get a £9.97 increase from what their email is telling me?

Caporegime
Currently paying £41 and Sky are deciding to shaft me twice it seems. My current package is:

TV £41.00

Sky Entertainment
Including discounts
£20.00

Sky Box Sets
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Kids
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Cinema
Including discounts
£6.00

Sky HD
Including discounts
£1.00

Sky Multiscreen
£12.00

See It First (WHAT EVEN IS THIS??)
FREE

Sky Go Extra
Including discounts
FREE

Sky 3D
FREE

Sky+ Subscription
FREE

Sky+ Subscription
FREE

Charges for 27 Feb to 25 Mar

Why am I paying for 27 days?
See It First - 27 days
FREE

Estimated total £41.00

I've checked My Sky and the Future bills are showing this...

Bill for 26 Mar - 25 Apr = £41
Bill for 26 Apr - 25 May = £44
Bill for 26 May - 25 Jun = £50.97

A total increase of £9.97 over 2 months. Now the email I got from Sky yesterday states the below

Sky TV Increase £2.00
Sky Cinema £1.00
Sky Multiscreen Increase £1.00 per subscription

I don't understand how I can get a £9.97 increase from what their email is telling me?

There must be an offer ending soon. See if First is a channel that sometimes shows programs before their official air date. See It First is one of the rewards in our brand new loyalty programme, Sky VIP. With See It First you can watch new episodes of Sky Atlantic shows 24 hours before anyone else on our new channel, Sky Atlantic VIP. You can find it on channel 995

Associate
The April increase is due to the price increase. The May increase is due to discounts ending between May and June. If you check your June bill, it will probably say 74, as the discounts will most likely all end between May and June.

Soldato
I renewed in July 2018 and everything was on new 18 month contract so not sure what would be ending earlier than that. Why do they make everything so damn difficult.

Your new Sky TV package

Sky Entertainment
£ 25.00
18 months In-Contract discount
-£ 5.00
£ 20.00

Sky Kids
£ 5.00
18 months Sky Kids Subscription Discounted
-£ 4.00
£ 1.00

Sky HD
£ 5.00
18 months Sky HD Subscription Discounted
-£ 4.00
£ 1.00

Sky Box Sets
£ 5.00
18 months Sky Box Sets Subscription Discounted
-£ 4.00
£ 1.00

Your Sky TV package will be effective immediately unless otherwise agreed.

The following has been removed from your Sky package
HD Basic

Then another email confirming...

I'm writing to confirm that you have agreed to take up our fantastic offers of:

Sky TV (discounted by £5.00 per month, with remaining duration of 18 months).
Sky Cinema (discounted by £4.00 per month, with remaining duration of 18 months).

We also wanted to remind you that as part of these offers, you've agreed to a new minimum term for the products listed in the table below:

Subscription

New minimum term Start Date
New minimum term commitment
Sky TV*
25/07/2018
18 Months

Associate
I think it's your Cinema discount. The global offer was bringing it down from £18 to £10. You have a double discount on it, which removes an extra £4, bringing it down to £6. It's probably the global Cinema discount that expires sooner.

I suggest you give them a call if you have the time, to see exactly what expires earlier, but be patient, as it's really busy lately.

Also are you sure the June bill does not include a DVD purchase or phone call charges or something else?

Soldato
I'll just have to see what they say. I'm going to drop Sky Cinema anyway. Never seem to watch any film on there anyway. It was just good value when it was added for minimal cost when I renewed in July 2018 thinking that would be 18 months just like it said in the email "Sky Cinema (discounted by £4.00 per month, with remaining duration of 18 months)."

edit: never purchased a DVD and don't have phone/broadband with Sky so it isn't that.

Associate
From what you're saying then it's the global Cinema discount that is coming to an end, and this was probably applied about 6 months earlier. Did you perhaps get Cinema for £10 around Christmas 2017? Check your emails, you'd have gotten some correspondence about it.

Soldato
Thanks, I don't have any earlier emails sadly. It does ring a bell but I thought when I last renegotiated it was all on the same 18 month contract length. This is why it's annoying, it isn't always at the same time so you have to be clever to not get caught out.

I notice there is no live chat at the moment on Sky.com. I hate phonecalls and try to avoid at best of times but going to have to bite the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom