*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
I've received notice of a price increase from Sky, does this give me a right to cancel?

Not the TV as it's built into the contract they can raise prices by no more than 10% but you can cancel your talk and broadband but you need to let them know you intend to change provider first so they can waive Early Termination charges.

Soldato
Sky ents £20
HD £1 (why this is even optional anymore I don't know)
Kids £1
Box Sets £1
Q Multiscreen £13 (never seems negotiable).

Q 2tb box, Q mini and installation, £40 up front.

Fibre max and line rental was separate at £22 all in.

So £58 a month without sports or movies. Its good, but you always hear about others getting it all for so much less.

Soldato
Went into cancellation on 2tb sky q .
Went on live chat and got...
Entertainment £15
Hd £1

12 month contract no admin fee.happy with that

Man of Honour
Just cancelled Sky after 17 years with them. Why the hell is it so difficult? Why keep throwing deals (very poor ones too) at me when all I want to do is cancel? I am not interested in Sky fibre (been there, never again), Sky mobile or anything else, I just want to cancel FFS!! There really should be a online option to cancel without being on the phone for half an hour. I can swap my energy provider, Fibre, Insurance and many other things online so why can't we cancel Sky online? It's ridiculous.

Soldato
Just cancelled Sky after 17 years with them. Why the hell is it so difficult? Why keep throwing deals (very poor ones too) at me when all I want to do is cancel? I am not interested in Sky fibre (been there, never again), Sky mobile or anything else, I just want to cancel FFS!! There really should be a online option to cancel without being on the phone for half an hour. I can swap my energy provider, Fibre, Insurance and many other things online so why can't we cancel Sky online? It's ridiculous.
So they can offer you great deals!:p

Man of Honour
I had similar. Got (deliberately??) cut off once. Second time the music volume while waiting for the cancellation department was so loud I couldn't keep my phone to my ear even with my phone volume turned right down. Kept being offered options but I just wanted to leave.

Soldato
well i've just gone on to cancel my Sports, says "youneed to contact us regarding this. Loading contact options..." and spins a circle endlessly. tried in chrome in case FF was being silly, same thing. so i take the number, ring, and the recording says wait time's over 10 mins. so i give up. then they pop up a survey asking me if i'm likely to recommend... :-|

Soldato
total p'take continues. tried to cancel again, website still not responding, called them - got automated message i had to work through, it asked me for the password for my account - are they taking the ****ing **** or what, who does that?! skipped that, and then they tell me the wait is over 20 mins this time. so i've raised a complaint. and you have to go the far end of a fart for that too, initially just gives you a postal address FFS.

Associate
Went on live chat last week for a hour after cancelling my SkyQ last month and got the Entertainment package for £15 and HD for £1 for 12 months. The guy on the other end said there were absolutely no offers that he could do to get it down from £23 until I showed him a screen shot of the offer the website was offering me on My Account to return.

My friend did cancel and had this through the post....But they would not give me that offer unless I showed them the name on the letter was mine.

They have absolutely no customer loyalty and could not tell me why I have to pay for HD when it is now the norm and 4K and 8K are the new standards.

Back
Top Bottom