*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Don
I've tried to cancel over live chat but it seems to take forever. Last time I tried, they told me I would be 'on hold' for hours because it was a busy time. Might just have to try it over the phone when I get a chance.

When I did mine on Monday, the full process took 1.5hrs from the start of talking to the bot to the feedback survey at the end. Absolutely comical (and they dont answer their phones when you try to call to do it that way)

Associate
2 weeks from when I said I want to cancel and sky really haven’t tried to keep me. I have had one text which basically just sends me to live chat. Going to see the cancellation through anyway but fully expected a few emails and calls with some offers.

Associate
Managed to get round to cancelling my Sky. They tried to sell me a broadband and TV package but wasn't that great a deal. Then a TV deal on it's own, again wasn't great.

Soldato
FYI,

Just danced the cancelation dance and got the below...(a day before actual cancelation)

Complete Signature £18
Multiscreen £10
Netflix (Ultra) £9
UHD Free
kids £1
Complete Sports £6
Cinema £11
Bband (superfast) £25

Total = £80

Associate
Finally got an offer in my cancellation period, pretty poor offer tbh. Currently pay £77pm for Signature £16, Netflix £5, HD £7 and UHD £4 plus £45pm for BB this is what I signed up to as a new customer 18 months ago. Their original was for £69pm TV costs were up but discounted my BB by £11, the BB deal is available to anyone who has BB and TV in contract. Offer today was £65pm assuming I keep the BB discount as it makes no mention of this in the letter.

My future bills still show my BB at £34pm with the discount that I was told was only if I signed a new 18 month TV contract, not sure if this will change when my TV contract ends on the 6th. The most I would pay is £25pm for my TV current package, I don't see why we should pay for standard HD in 2022, UHD is fair enough I guess but not HD

Associate
2 weeks from when I said I want to cancel and sky really haven’t tried to keep me. I have had one text which basically just sends me to live chat. Going to see the cancellation through anyway but fully expected a few emails and calls with some offers.

I had a call from Sky last night about my cancellation. The guy was all set to offer me a new improved deal - until he actually looked at my customer record and realised I had only cancelled multi-room, not the whole thing !!

Couldnt get off the phone quick enough after that - all but hung up on me when I asked what the deal was anyway.

Associate
FYI,

Just danced the cancelation dance and got the below...(a day before actual cancelation)

Complete Signature £18
Multiscreen £10
Netflix (Ultra) £9
UHD Free
kids £1
Complete Sports £6
Cinema £11
Bband (superfast) £25

Total = £80

This is what I was offered when cancelling (which I didn't accept). Like I have said before, I think it depends who you speak to.

Sky Signature - £24.00
HD - £3.00
Complete Sports - £22.00
Sky Cinema - £8.00
Sky Broadband Superfast - £22.00

Total = £79.00

Associate
Future bill estimate
Bill from 22nd of February, to the 21st of March
22 Feb – 21 Mar
TV
£52.00
Sky Signature
£18.00
Ultimate TV Add on (includes UHD Netflix)
£5.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
£2.00
Sky HD
£3.00
Multiscreen
£10.00
Ultra HD
£4.00
Estimated total £52.00

HwXpS0X.png

Hitman
Soldato
Our package increased to £83pm and this is the negotiation from this morning, after removing Multiscreen, Sky Kids and Ultimate TV (package before was £58pm rising to £83pm when the contract ended):

Sky Signature - £16
Sky Cinema - £8
Sky HD - £5
= £29pm

Initial offer was £35pm, then down to £29pm with "admin fee", then down to £29pm with no "admin fee" which we're happy with.

Soldato
Future bill estimate
Bill from 22nd of February, to the 21st of March
22 Feb – 21 Mar
TV
£52.00
Sky Signature
£18.00
Ultimate TV Add on (includes UHD Netflix)
£5.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
£10.00
Sky Sports HD
£2.00
Sky HD
£3.00
Multiscreen
£10.00
Ultra HD
£4.00
Estimated total £52.00

thats so much better than one I have...
TV £57
Ultimate TV addon £5
Sky HD£7.0
Multiscreen
Ultra HD
£4.00

still in contract until next year....
will make sure i will check this thread more often..

Soldato
Sky HD£7.0

Ultra HD
£4.00

It's totally crap when they list HD as A £7.00 addon, and UHD as a £4.00 addon. The fact we are in 2022 and they still think you can charge for standard HD is laughable. Sky are a joke for stuff like this, it shows them for what they are, trying to hide costs behind stupid items, rather than just be honest as say you are paying for all the sports they buy even if you don't subscribe.

Associate
My cancellation ends on Sunday and they have sent just the one letter with an offer. Not that bothered as I’m 90% sure I’m just going to cancel and see what it’s like without sky.

This will be the 1st time I’ve not had sky in 24 years but with Netflix, Amazon, Disney etc they have definitely lost their market dominance that keep me signed up.

Soldato
Cancelled mine yesterday, i was only on signature and netflix, I don't even use those and the wife watches netflix and prime all she uses the sky q box now is to access those even though i have a smart tv with the apps on lol!! dont even use the record feature anymore so its pretty pointless having sky now, i get amazon free with work as I purchase so much it makes sense to have a prime account, get apple tv with my new ee contract so it only leaves to pay for netflix,, the guy did offer signature and netflix for 22 which wasn't too bad but still pointless really, been through to procedure now so many times was amazed i got it cancelled in about 15 mins via chat. Will see how we get on without it as it will be about 20 years weve had it, the only program i can think i would watch on it would be the walking dead but thats now gone to disney + so guess i'll have to start that up again

Soldato
Sitting in the cancel list waiting to see what winback offer is presented. No pressure on having any of it as I really only needed it for skygo.

Had the following:
Signature, movies, sports, HD sports, sky+, sky go extra: £33/mo

Got offered same deal but swap out the + box for a basic Q box for £44 but no other benefits. Will see what the come back with in the next 4 weeks.

Associate
I've had my first 'Stay With Us' letter with the following offer:

Sky TV including Box Sets
Sky Sports
Sky Cinema

£33/month on 18 month contract

This price doesn't include HD or UHD or any Netflix subscription

Back
Top Bottom