*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I honestly only have it for sports. I do not watch anything else. Mostly watch Netflix (ok this is in sky sub but £16 of the £68 they offered) and Disney+. Think I can replace it with just grabbing a sky go slot from my in laws for the Xbox since they use my Netflix and Disney+!

I think sky are going to find they're about to get a tonne of cancellations from this cost of living crisis if they're not making genuine offers!
Absolutely. I accept there are many out there who love it for the sport/movie options they offer (which are generally very good) but I think it's important that people are aware of what it's costing them!

I'd wager Sky are bleeding customers at the moment as people try to reduct their monthy costs so I'm sure they're cancellation's department will be desperately making some seriousky competitive offers to keep the ones they have.

Caporegime
Absolutely. I accept there are many out there who love it for the sport/movie options they offer (which are generally very good) but I think it's important that people are aware of what it's costing them!

I'd wager Sky are bleeding customers at the moment as people try to reduct their monthy costs so I'm sure they're cancellation's department will be desperately making some seriousky competitive offers to keep the ones they have.
You’d be surprised. Sky actually had a lot of people upgrading during lockdown and we might see the same here. Let’s get Sky Cinema, it’s cheaper than a trip to the cinema and we don’t have to wait that long for movies to come out these days anyway.

Soldato
You’d be surprised. Sky actually had a lot of people upgrading during lockdown and we might see the same here. Let’s get Sky Cinema, it’s cheaper than a trip to the cinema and we don’t have to wait that long for movies to come out these days anyway.
I get that in lockdown. Lots more free time at home, not much going on outside of content being delivered to your home. But now people's energy bills have increased by more than the cost of a sky sub I would guess they're going to find retaining those customers they found through lockdown somewhat more difficult through the next year or so at least.

Soldato
What's the quicker way to cancel at the moment? Trying to do it via the online chat but last time I tried that, it went past the time the human agents actually work.
I phoned the main number and said cancellations a few times to the Sky AI voice bot. That seemed to get me through to a human pretty quickly. Probably best to phone in the morning through as I noticed the lines seem really busy in late afternoons and evenings.

Soldato
Cheers, called the number and waited between 10 to 15 minutes.

To be fair, the chap who dealt with me was nice. Discussed options such as a slight discount, and changing the package such as removing HD - he said apparently sports is in HD regardless and I would only go down to SD on the other content.

That's one thing that gets my back up, paying for HD content in 2022. At least with Netflix they increase number of screens as well as resolution. I do wonder if going down to HD on Netflix is a good idea, and combining that with the AI upscaling of a NV Sheild? Netflix's bit rate isn't exactly amazing for 4k content anyway.

I cancelled anyway, I don't watch much TV and only watch the occasional thing off Sky Cinema, football and F1.

Soldato
I very much doubt that, in fact I would go as far to say that's not going to happen. During covid people had money to burn but couldn't really go anywhere to spend it.

Sky for sports simply isn't worth it anymore. They have been on a slow decline for while now.

Caporegime
I get that in lockdown. Lots more free time at home, not much going on outside of content being delivered to your home. But now people's energy bills have increased by more than the cost of a sky sub I would guess they're going to find retaining those customers they found through lockdown somewhat more difficult through the next year or so at least.
I suppose it boils down to tightening your purse strings and where you do that. Give a few things up to keep some others?

Soldato
I honestly only have it for sports. I do not watch anything else. Mostly watch Netflix (ok this is in sky sub but £16 of the £68 they offered) and Disney+. Think I can replace it with just grabbing a sky go slot from my in laws for the Xbox since they use my Netflix and Disney+!

I think sky are going to find they're about to get a tonne of cancellations from this cost of living crisis if they're not making genuine offers!

We're nowhere near the worst of the COST OF GREED CRISIS yet either, utililies are going up massively again later this year and 2023, there's so much greed now that OFGEM are going to let them increase the "CAP" (now there's a misnomer if ever I heard one!) are going to le them in crese prioces FOUR TIMES a year now...

People just won't have the money for SKY et al.

Soldato
In a time where you can get fibre internet and a phoneline (if you ever use it) for around £20 per month it's worth considering whether you're really getting value by spending double or treble that for a TV subscription.

SKY SPORTS is basically just a front a paying people 250K a week for kicking a ball about and then posing on social media to get the sponsorships rolling in.

Soldato
To be fair, the chap who dealt with me was nice. Discussed options such as a slight discount, and changing the package such as removing HD - he said apparently sports is in HD regardless and I would only go down to SD on the other content.

That's one thing that gets my back up, paying for HD content in 2022.
Agreed, it's unbelievable that Sky are still charging extra for HD/1080 content in 2022! Especially that 4K is now available on many internet streaming services and HD content has been available on Freeview channels for over a decade!

Associate
my 18 month deal is due to expire next month, they notified me via email that it would be around £90 for sky, sports and fibre with HD.
i contacted them to cancel last week.

today i got a letter in the post offering me sky sig and sports for £33, so around £55 with fibre. i wasnt expecting anything so fair play.
im not going to make a decision yet, i wonder if they would go any lower.

knowing sky, this probably doesnt include all the HD packages that end up costing another £10

Soldato
my 18 month deal is due to expire next month, they notified me via email that it would be around £90 for sky, sports and fibre with HD.
i contacted them to cancel last week.

today i got a letter in the post offering me sky sig and sports for £33, so around £55 with fibre. i wasnt expecting anything so fair play.
im not going to make a decision yet, i wonder if they would go any lower.

knowing sky, this probably doesnt include all the HD packages that end up costing another £10

Seems very expensive. My parents are paying £25 a month for sports through Now TV, and I know it's currently on offer at £12.50 through the new glass service.

I think they can beat that price.

Caporegime
Seems very expensive. My parents are paying £25 a month for sports through Now TV, and I know it's currently on offer at £12.50 through the new glass service.

I think they can beat that price.
No recording, dependant on internet, extra for 1080 picture etc. Sky aren't daft and they’ll always make sure NOW is inferior to the main product.

Soldato
So My phone , tv and fibre contract are up at the end of next month .

I have 2x SKY Q boxes in UHD , movies , entertainment , sport ,F1 ,netflix , paramount , fibre broadband at around 85MBPS and free phone calls - currently I’m paying £86 a month as they cocked up my 25 year contract when we moved and gave me a new account with a large discount .

Thinking this will be well north of £100 if I don’t do anything.

Any ideas how I can broker. A deal back to £86 a month or similar amount ?

Possibly going to go down the NOW tv route .

JUST SEEN MY FUTURE BILL FOR OCTOBER £154.50 !

Back
Top Bottom