Sky Updated Epg

Man of Honour
Not a fan atm, everything looks smaller and seems less info displayed. Not sure if this is the case or just an illusion. I however really like the colour change and contrast.

Soldato
There's only one part I agree with that. On the planner. It no longer tells you how many GB it's used but 0.x - 5.5%.

Not sure it ever has, doesn't on mine anyway. I think on-demand downloads tell you how big they'll be, but the only way to see the GB size of a recording is via the app on my phone.

At least the percentages are a bit more accurate now though, rather than just being to the nearest whole figure.

Don
I received the update a couple of weeks ago too, not sure whether I like it or not though. I'm not overly keen on the OcUK Blue background on the grids. Sometimes I just can't figure out how to get to the menu I want without having to go all the way back through the menu system either. I guess I'll adapt.

Bought a new A/V receiver at the weekend too so started to use DD+ over HDMI before I realised that my TV doesn't support it so I had no audio on HD channels when using HDMI passthru :( Back to the Optical lead for DD+ then..

Soldato
I received the update a couple of weeks ago too, not sure whether I like it or not though. I'm not overly keen on the OcUK Blue background on the grids. Sometimes I just can't figure out how to get to the menu I want without having to go all the way back through the menu system either. I guess I'll adapt.

Bought a new A/V receiver at the weekend too so started to use DD+ over HDMI before I realised that my TV doesn't support it so I had no audio on HD channels when using HDMI passthru :( Back to the Optical lead for DD+ then..

Why does it matter if the TV doesn't support it though? Audio will be going through your AV receiver speakers.

Soldato

TheVoice said:
Why does it matter if the TV doesn't support it though? Audio will be going through your AV receiver speakers.

This???

Soldato
I got another update on my Sky box today, since the update to add DD output over HDMI. Is this the one you guys are discussing? I didn't realise there was another one coming. I think it looks nice so far, most of the changes seem to be with on demand stuff.

V F

V F

Soldato
I got another update on my Sky box today,

Ah... R009.066.77.03P

This update contains small unspecified fixes over the previous public firmware version (R009.066.70.00P).
Customers who have received R009.066.70.00P will be updated to this version later.
Firmware rollout commenced Thursday 27th March 2014.

http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyplushd.html

since the update to add DD output over HDMI. Is this the one you guys are discussing? I didn't realise there was another one coming. I think it looks nice so far, most of the changes seem to be with on demand stuff.

The Dolby Digital came with the last chunky blue UI September/October last year?

Soldato
Can you not disable the "home page" now? And they've made it particularly awkward if you go into the TV guide, browse a bit, then decide you want to stay on the channel. Before you just pressed backup a couple of times, now you have to press it 5 times to get out of the menu. And on top of that, if you press it too many times it takes you back into the guide again!

The only way I can see to get out of the menu and stay on the channel you are on is to press the SKY button, which is a pain in the backside to say the least.

I have found however that if you double tap backup when outside the menu it takes you straight to the TV guide and not the homepage, which is probably the way I'll be using this now, since you can't disable the home page from what I've seen.

Still no DD over HDMI here either, Pace.

Associate
Still no sign of it here.

Same here.

Anyone able to explain the 10-minute segments of programs that seem to be shown in the middle of other programs? I find it annoying as ****, Sky never used to do that IIRC. Can be watching lions, then some random fisherman crying about a dead skipper then back to lions again.

No wonder ADHD is a 'thing' these days. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom