Sky Updated Epg

Soldato
Not sure if it's the TV or the Sky plus box but when changing channels it randomly decides one channel will be set at 1080p, the next at 568 or 720. Means the TV is constantly taking time to display a picture.

I've set the sky box to automatic and to each individual resolution but it seems to ignore it anyway and randomly picks on. Only been happening a bit over a week though.

Soldato
My blue button isn't cycling through favorites? They are still ticked in the options but nothing happens when I press blue? Anyone else having this?

Caporegime
Not sure if it's the TV or the Sky plus box but when changing channels it randomly decides one channel will be set at 1080p, the next at 568 or 720. Means the TV is constantly taking time to display a picture.

I've set the sky box to automatic and to each individual resolution but it seems to ignore it anyway and randomly picks on. Only been happening a bit over a week though.

sky HD cannot do 1080p.

set it to 1080i is what is recommended unless you have a really good AVR, then leave it on automatic and let the AVR do the scaling.

for most people though without and AVR 1080i is the best setting.

Caporegime
Got this today. Don't like it.

Guide button doesn't go to the guide, and I can't see any way to disable the menu screen like you could previously. Then having the search bar means you have to press back 5 times to get out of the guide and back to TV.

Not a fan at all, its massively counter intuitive and annoying.

Soldato
Then having the search bar means you have to press back 5 times to get out of the guide and back to TV.

I'm also finding this absolutely infuriating. :( Not only that, if you have fat fingers and press the back button just one time too many once back at the TV screen, it chucks you straight back into the Program Guide again. Aaaaaarrgghhh!!!!!! :mad:

Soldato
when in the EPG, is there anyway to bypass pressing the damn back button 4 or 5 times to get back to the tv without the epg displayed on the screen? Whoever thought this was a good idea, must have shared in a battery company or the company that designs the sky controller. So damn annoying.

Caporegime
Yeah the Sky button takes you straight back to TV. But its an annoying change.

The TV Guide button not opening the TV Guide is my main infuriating annoyance though! I don't have my Sky box connected to my internet, so 6 of the 8 tiles I'm forced to look at don't even work!

Its gone from a well designed and intuitive interface to something cleared geared towards Sky forcing their new On Demand content in your face! Argh!!!

Soldato

The TV Guide button not opening the TV Guide is my main infuriating annoyance though! I don't have my Sky box connected to my internet, so 6 of the 8 tiles I'm forced to look at don't even work!

Its gone from a well designed and intuitive interface to something cleared geared towards Sky forcing their new On Demand content in your face! Argh!!!

If you've never connected your box to the internet before, they'll give you a free wireless connector so you can do so. It's worth having it connected, you're missing out on a lot of extra features otherwise.

Associate
OP

Just hit the tv guide button twice for the guide from 101 or when watching TV hit the back up button for the guide from the channel you're watching.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Keep spamming the back button and you get in an intimate loop :p.

Where can I get a wifi connector for free? Every time I've looked they want to charge existing customers for them.

Soldato
If you've got the wireless booster that'll work as well. The Ethernet port on the back acts as a bridge. It appears to be the same unit as the original wireless connector with different firmware!

Back
Top Bottom