Sky Updated Epg

Soldato
Keep spamming the back button and you get in an intimate loop :p.

This is gonna drive me bonkers! I've got so used to battering the "Back" button to get me out of the EPG but now if you click it once too many times, you go back into the EPG!?!?!?! :mad:

Not happy Sky!!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix the ruddy thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
As already mentioned... The Back Up button now loops you around forever :(

I used to simply press the Back Up button 3-4 times quickly to get back to the TV... Now if you do this, and press it 1-2 times too many, you get thrown right "back down" the GUI :(

Guess I'll have to try pressing the Sky button instead, but it's not intuitive!

It also appears there's less lines shown on your planner?

Caporegime
it's just something you need to get used to.

back up = tv guide
tv guide = main menu
sky = tv

not that hard once you know what is what. i can see why they made the change people complaining about crap being on tv and constant repeats, now it's focusing more on "on demand" and that is the future.

Soldato
it's just something you need to get used to.

back up = tv guide
tv guide = main menu
sky = tv

not that hard once you know what is what. i can see why they made the change people complaining about crap being on tv and constant repeats, now it's focusing more on "on demand" and that is the future.

The Backup button taking you to the TV Guide is a mistake IMHO - Not intuitive at all.

Just press "TV Guide" and then "Enter" surely to get to the TV Guide now we have that new screen in the way?

NOTE: I also had my first box lockup for as long as I can remember last night - With the remote not able to do anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
The new buttons are stupid. I've always used 'Sky' to return to TV (rather than endless 'backups') but I really don't like what they've done with the 'TV Guide'. Why do I have to press it twice? Surely when I've pressed 'TV Guide' it should take me to….. the TV Guide!

Associate
I use a Harmony so not sure how I press the Sky button, anyone know?

Whatever you set it up as in the activity. Should be obvious from the choices in the device profile. Usually Sky or Exit for the Sky button (and Return or Backup for the Backup button). By default it might be on the Exit button on the remote, which is what I use (and the prev channel button for backup).

Soldato
The new buttons are stupid. I've always used 'Sky' to return to TV (rather than endless 'backups') but I really don't like what they've done with the 'TV Guide'. Why do I have to press it twice? Surely when I've pressed 'TV Guide' it should take me to….. the TV Guide!

Double tap backup will take you straight to the guide from the TV. And now I quintuple tap back up to get back out of the guide, usually works as it buffers your taps. At least if it misses one you can mostly avoid over pressing it and going back into the guide again.

Soldato

I think the Sky remote is badly in need of a re-design anyway, a lot of the buttons simply don't mean much with the way people watch TV these days considering it's still almost identical to how it was when Sky Digital launched. The shortcut buttons at the top aren't all that relevant now; TV Guide, Planner, On-Demand and Services (or Search) would be a better use of them.

Back
Top Bottom