Sky+ with link thingie question...

Soldato
Hey,

I am thinking about getting Sky+ downstairs because I am sick of messing about with the video recorder. This made me wonder about something as I know you can record one thing while watching another. I have my Sky box connected to my TV upstairs in my room via one of those link things that lets me turn over as well. Would I be able to watch something different on the TV upstairs than what is being watched on the main TV?

Cheers.

Soldato
dbmzk1 said:
Hey,

I am thinking about getting Sky+ downstairs because I am sick of messing about with the video recorder. This made me wonder about something as I know you can record one thing while watching another. I have my Sky box connected to my TV upstairs in my room via one of those link things that lets me turn over as well. Would I be able to watch something different on the TV upstairs than what is being watched on the main TV?

Cheers.
No you cannot.

The Sky+ box still has a single modulator despite Twin Tuners.

When it records I believe it records the raw data stream, modulating it on playback.

The link will work with the Sky+ box but you will need Sky+ remotes instead of standard Sky remotes.

Caporegime
dbmzk1 said:
Hey,

Cheers.

nope, the key thing here is that Sky + can take 2 inputs, to record one thing, and watch another, but it can only output 1 signal to your link thing, and thats the same thing as whats being watched downstairs

you could have course just bite the bullet and get multiroom ....

Back
Top Bottom