SkyHD

Soldato
I have basic sky. £15 per mth

if I buy a skyHd box and plug it into my dish instead, will i beable to watch free hd channels, such as BBC HD?

Soldato
OP
this is one alternative

HUMAX-HDCI2000-High-Definition-Sat-Receiver-FREE-BBC-HD_W0QQitemZ290082380992QQihZ019QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Associate
The HD box has 2 tuners for recording capabilities. To make use of that you'd need your dish fitting with a new LNB that has multiple outputs (unless you have one already) and another cable fed to the box. In theory, if you don't want the recording features, you could get away with having just 1 input.

Associate
Its currently available on a trial basis on freeview as long as you live near the Crystal Palace antenna. You also have to have a HD freeview box which are only available to those on the trail.

Don
trojan698 said:
Any idea why? It'd be nice if it went to freeview but I can't see that happening.

apparanlty it was only ever a trial , this ends soon and they have said they will stop the service and then decide what to do long term

Soldato
Rotty said:
apparanlty it was only ever a trial , this ends soon and they have said they will stop the service and then decide what to do long term

I remember you saying when I asked the same question. Its wrong that the BBC have the technology to broadcast HD which they should at the price per channel comparison vs Sky, the BBC is a complete rip off.

I think the BBC should go commercial, and scrap the monthly charge currently. Then maybe they can stop ordering a pint of larger in the Vic, and maybe order a Fosters Extra cold :p

Don
thepharcyde said:
I remember you saying when I asked the same question. Its wrong that the BBC have the technology to broadcast HD which they should at the price per channel comparison vs Sky, the BBC is a complete rip off.

I think the BBC should go commercial, and scrap the monthly charge currently. Then maybe they can stop ordering a pint of larger in the Vic, and maybe order a Fosters Extra cold :p

I'm sure the decision of their revue will rrsult in the go ahead for a full service

Back
Top Bottom