Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Soldato
Just watched bethesda stream and they said for PC they get the remastered version for FREE if you own skyrim, i presume legendary edition, which is good news.

:)

skip to 3.13

Last edited:
Soldato
I own Skyrim, bought all DLCs but seperately, so technically the Steam store doesn't view me as a 'Legendary' edition owner. Meaning I won't get the upgrade?

Soldato
OP
Well we will see what happens. I think i heard them say if you have all of skyrim so presumably its either have the legendary version or you have standard plus all dlc. We shall know more soon probably.

Soldato
https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/v/72129877

2 hrs 36 mins in, talks about it.

October 28th.

Nice one, but that's forever away. O_O

Seems a bit of a waste of time with all the mods already available. Why not spend time on Skyrim 2. :)

Well, most people are on Windows 10 and the only 'mods' that give close to the remastered graphics are ENBs, which do not work on Windows 10 unless you're lucky. So remastered is a way to get Skyrim looking pretty again on Windows 10. :D

Soldato
OP
If its anything like the upgrade gta 5 got from last gen to current gen it might be kinda cool to try it, free anyhow as most of us probably have skyrim anyhow and if not its probably gona pop up on steam sale for a few quid.

Soldato
I thought they were working on VI which was going to be in The Black Marsh?

Would have been awesome as they could have tied some of the lore of the books into it which is what I was hoping for, you know... Umbra (that sword you keep finding but has never had a story), Molag Bal (even ESO could be tied in) and some actual depth to The Hist. :(

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan but I don't need a Skyrim remaster, I've replayed it how many times now?!

Soldato
Well we will see what happens. I think i heard them say if you have all of skyrim so presumably its either have the legendary version or you have standard plus all dlc. We shall know more soon probably.

Well, I have standard+ all the DLC on steam and i cant add the legendary addition to my cart so i'm assuming standard+DLC will be treated the same and get the upgrade. Hopefully.

W8a58k3.png

Associate
EXCITE!

Looks fantastic, can't wait to play through. Understand the grumbles about the effort being better directed toward the next iteration instead but, given this is a free upgrade ahead of a presumed new game in a couple of years, I don't think there's much to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom