• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

sli support dual monitor

Associate
i currently have evga 8800 gts 320 mb grafics card running dual monitors if i bought another one would this still be supported.

plus if i bought the same grafics card but with more memory would it still be possible to sli or not

thanks

Associate
No when you do SLI, only the primary slot works.

I think you can still add another card to run the 3rd monitor, when not in SLI, although performance wise im not 100% sure how this works.
Either only your primary card will do all the graphics and the 2nd card will just act as another DVI/VGA port.
or
Each GPU will handle what ever monitor is attached to it.

Now if you wanted the do SLI with 3 screens, for gaming, you would need a Triplehead2go thingy ma'jig

Last edited:
Soldato
No, at least last time I tried.

If you want dual screens dont use SLI.

You need to use the same cards. A 320Mb wont pair with a 640Mb GTS.

Associate
My bad i missread (seem to do that a lot).

Although like i said if you SLI, only your primary port will work, therefore still needing a adapter.
With one card you will be fine.

Memory wise yes they chould pair but the high memoery one will run as the same as the lower memory version.

Edit: You did imply that you already had 2 and wanted to add another..

Back
Top Bottom