slight judder on gas lift-off

Soldato
Just wondering what causes slight juddering after accelerating reasonably hard, then lifting off (because my car is just starting to do it)

Soldato
To look at, free id be hoping!

To replace, not sure only know from my own experience, single mounts from rover are approximatly £100 each and there are 5 of them on my car.

Plus labour.

Depends how bad it is/what car it is really.

Soldato
Sounds like the rear engine mount has broken. Here's my old one:D

100_3839.jpg

I changed all 5 of mine for £240 + £50 to a mate for fitting them. Afermarket (uprated) parts though, far too expensive from Honda.

Associate
Eeek those Hondas are expensive!!

Mine cost under £100 for all three mounts and a buffer on my pug 306 gti6. Labour is free for me as I do it myself :D

I dont know what mount setup the ford has but if it has a buffer at the top sometimes you can get away with chocking that a bit to reduce movement but generally it is the lower rear one that stops a lot of the movement. Also made my gear changes a lot smoother replacing them :)

Soldato
I had engine judder when i first bought my car, when pulling away, turned out to be the flywheel, I had the Flywheel/Clutch and bearings replaced (under warrenty thank god!) and it solved the problem!

Back
Top Bottom