Slow internet speed over powerline

Associate
I am aware that powerline adapters are not as fast as ethernet cables. However despite upgrading to a 300Mbps internet package the devices that are connected to our router are not recieving very much bandwidth. The image linked below from my google drive shows the results of a speed test done on my pc which is connected to a powerline adapter. It also shows the bandwidth between the powerline adapters in TP-link's software which is far higher than the speed test. Devices connected directly to the router via ethernet will recieve speeds above 300Mbps. I have changed out all the ethernet cables across the network to make sure none of them are faulty or have low bandwith. I have also tried removing every device from the network other than my PC. Can somone explain to me why this is happening and if possible how to fix or mitigate this issue. I apologize if i am just being stupid.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ompD_CVy2wSxz1eZswizacGX-PgUFM0/view?usp=sharing

none of them are connected to surge protectors. They are all directly in the wall. My pc is on the second floor and the main TP-link connected to the wifi is on the first floor. I did a speed test on the firestick which is connected to a TP-Link with the sname name and got 90Mbps.

The powerline adapters do not have wifi aps built in they are just powerline adapters. What i am trying to understand is why the mismatch in speed between the speed test and the reported speed in the TP-Link software is so large. PLease look at the image i attached to the first message if you want to read the results yourself

Last edited:
My kit is rated for 1Gbps i know it cannot achieve that. If you look at the image attached in the first post it shows a diagram of all the powerline connections. What is confusing me is the software i used to analyse rhe connection is reporting much greater bandwith between the powerline adapters than i seem able to access

Thank you for explaing. Sorry!

I'm going to look into running a cable or using a wi-fi range extender to just run my pc off Wi-fi. The wi-fi signal to my pc is currently rather weak beccause it is at the opposite end of the house to the router which cannot be moved

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom