SLR Camera bag needed

box

box

Associate
Hi there,
I'm looking for a camera bag for my new Canon 400D. I don't wan't anything too extravagant, and will only require space for the camera itself and possibly one extra lens. I would prefer it to be in rucksack form though. Anyone know of anything decent that would suit these specs?

box

box

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably going to go with the 100AW. I like the sling design and it looks like it has the right amount of space for me. Also, I don't like the way the Trekker has the camera positioned at the bottom of the bag, with the lens pointing down. Seems a bit vulnerable to me.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably going to go with the 100AW. I like the sling design and it looks like it has the right amount of space for me. Also, I don't like the way the Trekker has the camera positioned at the bottom of the bag, with the lens pointing down. Seems a bit vulnerable to me.

The Orion Trekker's default layout is pretty silly, IMO. I rearranged mine so that the camera is in its normal orientation (i.e. bottom down) with two compartments, one for a flash and one for an extra lens, plus a nifty fifty squeezed into its own compartment.

That holds a D80 + grip with 18-200 mounted, 10-20 or 30 f/1.4 or 24-70 f/2.8, SB-600 and 50mm f/1.8 or combinations thereof, which makes for a pretty versatile kit given the size of the bag plus its top compartment for other stuff.

box

box

Associate
OP
I just don't like the idea that my lens will be the first thing to hit the ground if I put the bag down anywhere.

Associate
For someone with a lot of kit, the 300AW is great, with plenty of room. Easy to swing round and retrieve the camera too, even with a big lens on.

Back
Top Bottom