1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Laser Printer suggestions

Discussion in 'Printers' started by gizmo1990, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gizmo1990

Hitman

I'm looking for a small wifi mono laser printer. I just needs something that's fairly reliable with good running costs.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

2. Jaaay

Hitman

Have you looked at the Samsung ML series? Relatively cheap and the ink isnt too costly, my sister got one for uni, and im thinking of doing the same.

3. gizmo1990

Hitman

Thanks for the reply Jay.

Yeah I've been looking at that. I'd read a few places though that it's pages per ink replacement is rather low? Have you had any feedback from your sister on it, in general even?

I've also been looking at the Brother HL-2135W. Has anyone here heard any good things about it?

4. Philtor

Soldato

Im running a Samsung ML-1860 myself and cannot fault it. Great little machine :)

5. Madmrcopper

Associate

What environment is it going into?

6. Mr_Orange

Hitman

At this price range my printer supplier recommends Brother. We have a non wifi version of what you have been looking at and it has caused me very little grief.

7. Sasahara

Mobster

I personally recommend HP Laser Printers, but whatever make you get, take into account the larger the laser printer you get the cheaper it costs to run as a general rule.

8. gizmo1990

Hitman

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mr Orange, how do you find the size of the Brother model you have? From it's specs it seems significantly bigger than the Samsung, which is the only thing giving me pause for thought.

9. bremen1874

Capodecina

Given the choice I'd choose a Samsung over a Brother.

The trick with all small laser printers to to check the consumable costs before you purchase.

10. horseunderwater

Wise Guy

Any Samsung would be a good bet i have had a 2430dl for a few years and it has worked flawlessly

11. gizmo1990

Hitman

Gah! There's always different opinions! ;)

Well currently I'm erring with Brother because I always hear that they are much better with their consumables.. Which of course directly contradicts you bremen.. ;)

Can you guys point me to any info which suggest Samsungs consumables are better? ie higher pages per drum, low ink prices?

The other thing I hear about the Samsung if its flaky wifi disconnecting.. anyone know more about this?