Small port GB switch.

Associate
Hey hey,

Looking for a 4/8 port switch please, basically I've finished tacking my CAT 8 ethernet cable from my fiber BT router to the spare room, got a 30m and didn't need it all, oops.

I've got my PC (wireless) and 1 ASIC miner (using the CAT8). Looking to put my pc onto the switch and a couple of more ASICs in at some point,

So the switch that is a good all-rounder/gaming one would be lovely, any and all ideas welcome, I use CISCO at university but don't need that expensive/expert top range really so, I can set up the complicated ones per the CCNA routing and switching I've had to do for the degree.

Thanks.

Associate
Almost any unmanaged tp-link or netgear switch should do, I have an 8 way upstairs for several devices and the kids have never complained about network issues

Associate
OP
Haha, yeah I guess I did lol. Looking forward to getting it tomorrow and sorting it out.

Also going to try and set up a virtual private network also to help so I can access my network from work, any advice on that and I'm all on it like contact dermititis under my smart watch. :p

~cw

~cw

Associate
If you want to run your own VPN server, I'd suggest you set up a lightweight Linux like Alpine on a VM or a NAS (I run one on my Synology) and install Wireguard for VPN duties. Some soho routers also include an OpenVPN server, though Wireguard will offer substantially better speeds and latency.

Back
Top Bottom