Smartparts SP-1 Dye DAM Magazine fed paintball marker mod

Soldato
Thanks Scougar, yeah I thought full auto was banned, iirc there's another popular mechanical fa so I guess UK versions will have a different trigger to negate the fa, bah I hate the UK sensiblism that causes fa paintball markers to be banned, I wish we could ban control freaks.

I'll look out for more info re the innards of the first strike.

I always thought it was banned, but modes can be unlocked and ramp is pretty much full auto. Ramp to 20, ridiculous.

It's been a long time since I played anything, prefer tourny, aka. Speedball, aka. sup air, aka. Xball - preferred format.

Sold my Ego 05 a number of years ago now. I actually played more ball when I was at uni!

PS. Sounds like you're talking about the big game run by Warped, only event I know big enough in the UK for some of the stuff.

Soldato
OP
Bassets pole is surely tiny compared to The Big Game? Check it out:

http://www.northvsouth.com/

Ps. Thread needs a move to sports arena :)

I always saw the North VS South as just a paint flinging contest. I prefer the stuff like was held at the army bases (Copehill?). More tactical stuff.

What capacity is the mag? Looks smart, looks like it wouldn't hold much though?

The magazine is 10 X2 (Two 10 rounds stacks). Can squeeze in 22 if you want though. I highly recommend Valken Graffiti if using mags. I have 20 magazines lol.. I am addicted. (I only carry 6 to 8 though).

I have started designing a mag that will hold at least 25 and will be continuous feed, but that is on the back burner while I get my Etha project finished.

Soldato
I always thought it was banned, but modes can be unlocked and ramp is pretty much full auto. Ramp to 20, ridiculous.

It's been a long time since I played anything, prefer tourny, aka. Speedball, aka. sup air, aka. Xball - preferred format.

Sold my Ego 05 a number of years ago now. I actually played more ball when I was at uni!

PS. Sounds like you're talking about the big game run by Warped, only event I know big enough in the UK for some of the stuff.

Full auto is definatly banned but as above my mini has 4 modes. Semi auto, burst, ramp and full auto. And of these settings can also be set anywhere up to 20bps. I usualy play with ramp on 16bps, as they paint they scam us with flys all over the place so you have to keep firing to hit!

Soldato
OP
Full auto is definatly banned but as above my mini has 4 modes. Semi auto, burst, ramp and full auto. And of these settings can also be set anywhere up to 20bps. I usualy play with ramp on 16bps, as they paint they scam us with flys all over the place so you have to keep firing to hit!

What paint are they making you buy? Would have to be pretty low quality to not be able to hit.

Soldato
OP
Just about to start casting vids of this to the tv, ta:cool:

Cool :) I honestly wish paintball had more popularity, as it is SOOO much fun.

Anyway, aside from the modified SP-1 I made, I am actually mid way through making a Planet Eclipse Etha magazine fed marker. This I think will be a world first (Probably because I'm the only one daft enough to cut apart a 400 dollar marker):

Soldato
OP
Wow, totally forgot I even had this thread LMAO. Found it whilst looking for images of a Dye DAM, and saw one of my pictures.

Well, I finally got around to completing the Etha Magfed (not the SP-1 as in the title!)... then it broke, and Planet Eclipse were extremely generous, and helped me out with some parts.

It ended up looking like this: (Hope photobucket even works).
Kilo%2069%20magfed%20Etha%20first%20outing_zps4urv4cai.jpg

Bad%20girl_zpsi9pankrf.jpg

The SP-1... well.. the American heat caused failure of some hose that was not good enough, so I have to make some upgrades. I am working on something else that isn't my creation, but helping with feedback/use right now. After that, or during a lull, I will fix the SP-1 magfed and improve it.

Soldato
Nice work. Mags look pretty small, do you find you're constantly reloading compared to guys running pods and a standard loader?

Soldato
OP
Nice work. Mags look pretty small, do you find you're constantly reloading compared to guys running pods and a standard loader?

As noob cannon mentions below, I have for the past 3.5 years played magfed only games, so everyone is on the same playing field as such. My play style, even when I played with a hopper for around 11 years, has NEVER been to do 'accuracy by volume' like a speedballer. I have always preferred to single shot, or double tap. Only recently due to crappy paint and an lighter trigger have I used much faster shooting when needed. Second.. I try where possible to use First Strike (D-Shaped paintballs). These fly straighter and are MUCH more consistent so can hit people using less paint.

So in short. No. My play style is, get closer or outflank for a better shot. I don't typically throw down paint unless I'm giving cover fire, like a hopper player would.

Prob plays mag fed only. Usually they play in thier own games

True. When you have 300 to 500 people wanting to play a massive game... with people able to rent time in Helicopters firing down on people etc, and hundreds of thousands of first strikes being fired... yeah.... we play out own games lol. Lots of people still play with hopper players, but as I'm a sponsored player and so many magfed only games, I have no need to. I don't get much time either as I work effectively 2 full-time jobs. If the local site hadn't of closed down I would still be going out and just having fun no matter what they play.

Right now.. everyone seemed to jump on the magfed bandwagon and now their are too many games being organized for the player base IMO. (and 'outlaw' fields people are going to because the registration fee is either zero or smaller (silly really tbh.. you should support those fields otherwise they close).

Soldato
Ah, see I was a tourney player (although I played snake so not as bad as my back players) so I was used to blocking down lanes. I did see your ilk around at the NvS games though, and the remote lines and mags always looked appealing after carrying your gat in the hand all day

Soldato
OP
My last game before I left the UK was paintfest. Incredible memories. Ego 10 plus carbon tank, so light compared to my sp1 and steel tank. I found a love for speedball markers that weekend.

Doesn't matter what style you play, there will always be players willing to move, and those that have all the kit and just sit at the back contributing nothing. Some of the best players I have seen are speedballer background, running with pistols.

Soldato
OP
Well... I haven't even put my SP-1 back together in a long time, still stiting in parts on a desk in the basement lol. This has kinda turned into my 'magfed' thread.

However, thanks to the big Etha Modification I did, and talking to Jack at Planet Eclipse for a few years, I was graced with the chance at giving input for, and beta testing (or whatever you want to call a 3D printed paintball marker.) the upcoming MG100. This is based heavily on the EMEK/Etha 2, which is a gamma core marker. And if you are into the magfed scene at all you will understand extremely quickly how good this is when I say I haven't have a break/flip/jam of First Strike rounds in the 4 months+ that I have been testing it on the field. This is not what I would call a 'deluxe' marker, but it is the most reliably feeding marker I have used, and without a shadow of a doubt the most efficient with air. Between 180 to 220 shots of First Strike rounds which is seriously impressive.

I had to cover it up at games until recently, and footage of it is out there on the tube (just look up MG100 prototype).

Unless something terrible happens, this will be my go to recommendation here on out for anyone wanting to get into magfed. Should you decide not to, then you still have a fantastic hopper gun as well. Extremely pleased with the performance, very quiet sound signature and accuracy. I have been one shotting people at quite some distance, and am never worried about air, given the awesome efficiency. There are other things that I am testing as well, like the modified followers for sneaky dudes, and efficiency whores like me so it blocks empty shots from happening.

Soldato
Well... I haven't even put my SP-1 back together in a long time, still stiting in parts on a desk in the basement lol. This has kinda turned into my 'magfed' thread.

However, thanks to the big Etha Modification I did, and talking to Jack at Planet Eclipse for a few years, I was graced with the chance at giving input for, and beta testing (or whatever you want to call a 3D printed paintball marker.) the upcoming MG100. This is based heavily on the EMEK/Etha 2, which is a gamma core marker. And if you are into the magfed scene at all you will understand extremely quickly how good this is when I say I haven't have a break/flip/jam of First Strike rounds in the 4 months+ that I have been testing it on the field. This is not what I would call a 'deluxe' marker, but it is the most reliably feeding marker I have used, and without a shadow of a doubt the most efficient with air. Between 180 to 220 shots of First Strike rounds which is seriously impressive.

I had to cover it up at games until recently, and footage of it is out there on the tube (just look up MG100 prototype).

Unless something terrible happens, this will be my go to recommendation here on out for anyone wanting to get into magfed. Should you decide not to, then you still have a fantastic hopper gun as well. Extremely pleased with the performance, very quiet sound signature and accuracy. I have been one shotting people at quite some distance, and am never worried about air, given the awesome efficiency. There are other things that I am testing as well, like the modified followers for sneaky dudes, and efficiency whores like me so it blocks empty shots from happening.
Very nice, I love seeing innovation like that. You always get these step change innovations in paintball (like when the rotor came out and revolutionised loaders).

Back
Top Bottom