Smoke/Heat Alarm Replacements

Soldato
So this just happened...

joIOIem.jpg

Infernal things wouldn't stop going off so I switched the circuit off at the fusebox and ripped two off the ceiling to get at the batteries so I'm looking to replace them now with ones that are easier to get into and hopefully work better.

Do I really need a heat alarm? The current location of the mains connection is directly above the oven in the kitchen which seems daft to me, as any kind of cooking seems to set the current one off, which means the smoke alarms go off too (all on the same circuit) which then means that because there's only me and my partner, we have to run between them trying to reset the damn things.

This is in a small two bed flat (owned, not rented) where every door except the bathroom is left open.

Soldato
OP
If these are the best, then the standard of design for fire alarms is terrible!

Although they are the ionisation type so perhaps I just need two Aico optical smoke alarms to replace them? Perhaps it wasn't the heat alarm causing them to go off after all.

Soldato
We had 5 in our place (townhouse) that were all the wrong type, but they were there when we moved in. Shower steam set them off, thinking too hard about Bacon set them off. Getting them switched out for the appropriate sensor type solved everything.

Back
Top Bottom