Smoking should be BANNED!

Caporegime
Funny thing is, smoking has been banned in the workplace for God knows how many years really (in most places) so saying that they clog up the entrances is a bit daft :p

I see your point though, but what more do you want?

What ever happened to the whole 'smoking areas must be in an enclosed area'...I think I know of one pub in my town that incorporates this.

As for drinking outside, of course it's different you nana, only drunk people do it (surprisingly) and are normally dealt with in time. As your not supposed to do it outside in public areas, it's arrestable for a start.

uv

uv

Soldato
• On average 3,000 people are killed or seriously injured each year in drink drive collisions.
http://www.drinkdrivingfacts.com/drinkdriving/drink_driving_facts.aspx

•3000 nonsmokers die every year from lung cancer caused by ETS
http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/secondhandsmoke/a/secondhandsmoke.htm

Whilst the numbers are even, that's just drink drivers. It's not including people who have been attacked in alcohol related violence, property that has been damaged in alcohol related debauchery, or anything else.

I drink, and I smoke, but I don't believe you can condone one without condoning the other.

Associate
I'm not arguing for alcohol, and I'm not suggesting it is any better for you or other people around you than smoking. The sale of alcohol should certainly be better regulated than it is, and there ought to be more responsibility on sellers. However, that doesn't change the fact that smoking is a disgusting habit that ruins lives.

And so is alcoholism. But you don't seem people campaining/moaning about the effects of drinking anywhere near as more as smoking.

Caporegime
banning idiots would be a good way to start! :D

Smoking is legal. Banning smoking unless it is in your home is stupid! Sure there are plenty of places smoking should be banneed but the streets are not one of them.

Oh and I am not a smoker nor have I ever been..

Very true, banning it on the streets, when your OUT IN THE OPEN, would just be silly.

I walk behind people sometimes when they're smoking, if I'm that bothered by it I'll either go the opposite side of them, or bleeding move away so I can't smell it.

Soldato
• On average 3,000 people are killed or seriously injured each year in drink drive collisions.
http://www.drinkdrivingfacts.com/drinkdriving/drink_driving_facts.aspx

•3000 nonsmokers die every year from lung cancer caused by ETS
http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/secondhandsmoke/a/secondhandsmoke.htm

Whilst the numbers are even, that's just drink drivers. It's not including people who have been attacked in alcohol related violence, property that has been damaged in alcohol related debauchery, or anything else.

I drink, and I smoke, but I don't believe you can condone one without condoning the other.

The problem does not lie with the alcohol but the irresponsible people who are drink driving.

Associate
I'm not arguing for alcohol, and I'm not suggesting it is any better for you or other people around you than smoking. The sale of alcohol should certainly be better regulated than it is, and there ought to be more responsibility on sellers. However, that doesn't change the fact that smoking is a disgusting habit that ruins lives.

It doesn't ruin yours though? Inhaling a bit of passive smoke OUTDOORS will not result in your untimely death.

Soldato
I feel like walking around rubbing my ***** in peoples faces, is that ok? It's my choice right.

No as that would be illegal. Smoking is legal. Not hard to grasp is it?

Very true, banning it on the streets, when your OUT IN THE OPEN, would just be silly.

I walk behind people sometimes when they're smoking, if I'm that bothered by it I'll either go the opposite side of them, or bleeding move away so I can't smell it.

Hurray. Choice. If I don't like being round somebody smoking I have the choice to move away, especially as you now cannot smoke in enclosed public spaces!

Soldato
Oh, and "I'm afraid you are completely in the wrong on this topic. Smoking should only be allowed inside homes, nowhere else." ? On who's authority are we wrong? The Govt's? No. They allow us to smoke outside. Yours? Haha.

We live in a democracy, and in a democracy the majority vote counts, and the majority in this country is against smoking. That has been proven by the banning of smoking in enclosed public places, and I think it will only be a matter of time until it is banned outright in public places. Other countries are already heading towards doing that.

You can respond with indignation and defend your disgusting habit all you want, but the fact is that your view is not one that is held by the majority, and majority rules!

Caporegime
No as that would be illegal. Smoking is legal. Not hard to grasp is it?

Hurray. Choice. If I don't like being round somebody smoking I have the choice to move away, especially as you now cannot smoke in enclosed public spaces!

I would have thought moving was common sense though? :p

I'm happy it's not in pubs, as it was 'annoying' coming home and having my clothes and hair smell of smoke. But I also like going outside now where the smokers go! :p however I don't seem to reak in the mornings.

My clear what? :p

I know, I was referring the early jokes of banning fatty food ;)

Yeah I know, sorry my reply seemed a bit snappy actually, wasn't intended.

Back
Top Bottom