Smoking should be BANNED!

uv

uv

Soldato
Smoking doesn't make you thinner, just so your clear.

actually, nicotine is an anti-appetizant. So, whilst it doesn't literally make you thinner, it does stop you from eating as much, which in turn leads to weight loss.

I put on ~1 stone when I gave up smoking, then lost it again straight away when I started smoking again :p

Associate
I feel like walking around rubbing my ***** in peoples faces, is that ok? It's my choice right.

No as that would be illegal. Smoking is legal. Not hard to grasp is it?

And WHY is it illegal? Because a large amount of people don't like it and it damages innocent people. That is why.

Now lets compare it to smoking, people dont like it and it damages innocent people.

Crikey, its the same! :eek:

Soldato
I genuinely despise smoking; if any of my mates smoke I ask them (politely) to not do so near me! However, as others have pointed out, banning smoking would open up a whole can of worms, and would cause more problems than it is worth. To be honest, I would be stunned if smoking caused more health problems than McD's and Burger King.

While I can understand the OP's argument that smoking damages the health of non-smokers, while fast food does not damage the health of healthy eaters, the recent banning of smoking in public buildings has done a lot to combat this. The only place where you can now breath secondary smoke is outside, and this is very probably no worse than the air which most people breathe in cities every day.

Caporegime
And WHY is it illegal? Because a large amount of people don't like it and it damages innocent people. That is why.

Now lets compare it to smoking, people dont like it and it damages innocent people.

Crikey, its the same! :eek:

Are you talking about throwing poop in peoples faces? I sure there probably isn't a law for that :p Not in those words anyway.

however you'll probably be done for something.

Soldato
I often find that the most devout anti-smokers have lost a loved-one to smoking in some way.

Granddad died of lung cancer from smoking, Grandmother had heart attack and that thing you get when you cant breathe properly. Dad has shadow on lung because of his parents. 1 aunty and 1 uncle dead. Most of my family are pretty heavy smokers.

Associate
Ban vehicles that drive right outside of buildings and next to pedestrians because the exhaust fumes will be mixed in with the air that i breathe!

Tell you what, let's all just sit in our houses with the doors and windows shut and ban everything. I'm sure even then there would still be someone to complain.

Soldato
Don't know about banning it but putting the price right up so they are crazy expensive would be a good idea then they can lower the tax on fuel :D (yeah right :( )

Associate
Ok, I think it is time to end this thread. To summarise, we have come to the conclusion as a group that smoking should not be banned, but it would be nice if it was done away from doors simply so the office does not start to smell and the paper go yellow.

All in agreement say aye.

uv

uv

Soldato
Don't know about banning it but putting the price right up so they are crazy expensive would be a good idea then they can lower the tax on fuel :D (yeah right :( )

right.. so increase the price on one thing that creates poisonous fumes, in order to decrease the price on another thing that creates poisonous fumes?

You should write off to the G8 Summit, I think you've got something there!

Soldato
right.. so increase the price on one thing that creates poisonous fumes, in order to decrease the price on another thing that creates poisonous fumes?

You should write off to the G8 Summit, I think you've got something there!

But I think the public would like it better.

Who cares about smokers? As long as the government still gets its money.

Also not really bothered about poisonous fumes. I like to create them with my car and would not mind it costing less to do so at a cost to smokers :p

Back
Top Bottom