Smoothies

Suspended
Since my old housemate has moved back in he has brought with him his smoothie maker. Today ive had 2 smoothies both of which have been extremely nice.

Earlier i had one with 1 apple, 1 banana, 2 kiwi's and some fresh orange juice

Now having one with the same but with some random ace vitamin drink instead of orange. I could drink these all day

oh, both made a pint

questions -

who else has a maker and makes their own?
recipes? (might try some weird ones like with nuts, carrots etc)
is all this fruit bad for me?

Soldato
I have one of those Kenwood smoothie makers, although haven't used it for a long time.
I look foward to seeing some OcUK recipes. :D :D

Suspended
Zildjian said:
I have one of those Kenwood smoothie makers, although haven't used it for a long time.
I look foward to seeing some OcUK recipes. :D :D

yeh i think his is kenwood aswell. Turns everything ive chucked at it so far to mush (including a large chunk of apple, it made a burning smell but was ok after a bit :eek: )

show us the recipes!

Associate
raspberries, strawberries (frozen)
2 bananas,
orange juice and frozen bio yoghurt

having the fruit frozen makes the smoothie ice cold mmmmmmm.

Make sure you blitz the hell out of it :)

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
And that much sugar isn't good for you.

Very true - smoothies break up the fruit so you get an instant sugar rush to your teeth and in the blood supply.
Normal fruit is more time delayed as the stomach acid takes time to break down the fruit.

Still at least it's fructose rather than sucrose.

Soldato
personaly i dont see why everyone trys to make a smoothy out of so many different things, personaly when i used to try making smoothies i like to use a single flavour, or 2 flavours that complement eachother, not just a bunch of fruit. Add to the 2 types of fruits a load of ice, maybe some extra water to make it a little less thick and itll be great.

Soldato
I use 2 parts ice cream (cheap "vanilla"), 1 part milk, then add as much nesquick as it needs for flavouring.... instant mcdonalds milkshake!

Generally for fruit ones i use strawberries or apples and stick some iced water and vodka in with them too. Not really a fan of the whole stick every fruit you have in it... it usually goes brown and tastes like crap.

Soldato
Pint glass
+ 4x Strawberries
+ 1x Banana
+ 1 spoon of real runny honey
+ water to fill up

Soldato
you need to get a Jack La Lanne power Juicer, it got a funnel that lets you put the whole fruit in and its whisper quiet, did i mention its dishwasher safe!

i watch to many info-mercials at nite :(

Permabanned
utajoker said:
you need to get a Jack La Lanne power Juicer, it got a funnel that lets you put the whole fruit in and its whisper quiet, did i mention its dishwasher safe!

i watch to many info-mercials at nite :(

I remember being mesmerised by that advert! Watched it for easily 4-5 hours.

Edit to O.P.: You do realise every decent smoothie needs a banana in it, don't you? Other than that just shove whatever you have in it.

Soldato
Juicers are good but there is a lot of mess. I just use a blender, put in grapes, strawberries, bananas and oranges and blend it up, tastes amazing and no waste, well apart from the banana and orange skins.

Carrot juice was amazing but there was so much waste. In the winter when the strawberries have all gone I used tinned blackberries instead.

Soldato
i agree with the mess part, i havent used mine for years as i CBA to clear it up after ive used it. but fruit mixed with orange juice is usually a winner. i remember putting some cherries that i had put in the freezer earlier in the morning. stupid me forgot to take the pips out :rolleyes: it was still good though :D

blueberries would be an awesome ingredient!