Snooker Cue recommendation?

Permabanned
I really need a new cue and although I've play pool and snooker for an eternity I've never bought a quality cue before.

Any recommendations? Would I need a one piece, two piece?

It needs to be super smooth too, but I guess all the quality cues are like this.

Associate
I second John Parris cues, the joins on these are solid these days so a two piece is no problem, much easier to carry about than a one piece.

I got mine secondhand which may be the way to go as they are somewhat expensive!

Associate
My personal opinion is to just buy a cue that feels good to you personally, it can be cheap as chips or quite expensive.

I know people that play really well with cues that cost them £10-£20 and I know people that play shockingly poor with really expensive cues, and visa versa.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
John Parris seems a bit too pricey for me.

My friend borrowed me his cue and it was so smooth to feather. I've tried many cheap cues and found theres unwanted friction, not all I'm sure but with a lot of them.

Any other recommendations ?

Soldato
Well I personally got my old Riley cue off e-bay for £9 (somebody didn't know what they were selling, worth much more than that) Gave her a good sanding down, new tip, job done.

Back
Top Bottom