So anyone else going to go see Sonata Arctica/Delain in December?

Soldato
Well we had the whole discussion on Dragonforce but didnt notice this being mentioned; Delain and Sonata Arctica are playing at Islington and HardRockHell in December.

Sonata Artica probably dont need much introducing to the majority who'll be reading this thread, Delain might though; basicially think Sirenia and Nightwish, and you're on your way.
Delain were formed by an ex-member (and brother of one of the other members) of Within Temptation, first album was a studio effort featuring spots from the likes of Marco Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot, Synergy, Northern Kings) however the second album came out this year so Im presuming they're touring off the back of that. The lead singer isn't half bad, and on the back of that she's pretty hot too. (Not that I have a thing for dark red haired girls into this sort of music ;))
CD is pretty hard/expensive to get over here unfortunately :(

Looks like it could be a fun event, tickets are pretty cheap too at £15 a pop for Islington at the least.

So...anyone else interested?

Man of Honour
Would like to see SA live, missed out a couple of years ago when they played up north - with another of my favourite bands, Pagan's Mind, as support. Shame they're not playing closer, it's a long trip for me midweek!

Soldato
OP
Oh they're playing with Winterborn too :)

Here are some samples for anyone wondering about what they're getting into

Ordered my tickets already, can't wait!

These guys on the 3rd and Dragonforce, Sabaton and Sylosis on the 8th :D
Throw in my b'day and xmas....Good month!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom