So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
Anyone know of a decent hoover/mop that will automatically hoover carpet, hard floors and then automatically mop the hard floors only ?

I don't want to spend years messing with it, just want it done, reliably.

What should I buy ?

Soldato
Anyone know of a decent hoover/mop that will automatically hoover carpet, hard floors and then automatically mop the hard floors only ?

What should I buy ?
No such thing...

Best option is a good vacuum and YOU mop the floors. You mopping them will do it a load better than the mop on a vacuum unit.

Caporegime
OP
No such thing...

Best option is a good vacuum and YOU mop the floors. You mopping them will do it a load better than the mop on a vacuum unit.
Robot vacuum + seperate steam mop, with enough re-washable mop heads to use 1 fresh mop head per room, is the best solution I have found until a robot vacuum is released with a steam mop function.

Even if such a thing were possible in one single robot, the vacuum would need to go and vacuum first and then go and mop afterwards or you would just end up with floors with mess/streaks on them. Mopping in the home should 'ideally' only be done on freshly vacuumed floors and not before.

I use black and decker which are decent but no idea which is the "best of the best" as far as brands go https://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/pr...eam-cleaners/params/1/24/newest/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Soldato
Yep agree, although I'm not a fan of steaming floors. ie: I'd not trust it on my solid floors. I'd rather just mop them well. And I'd certainly never trust a robot with hot steam in my house :)

Soldato
No such thing...

Ok so what's the best value for money vacuum currently available? I had a neato robotics one for best part of 8 years thats just given up the ghost and that was good, want something better now, but not daft value for money - although I do like the idea of a self emptying vacuum so I only have to empty the main bin occasionally - willing to spend a few hundred, but not thousands.

Soldato
I still have a 1st gen Xiaomi Mi one... :)

Sure someone here would give a better answer than me, but maybe one of the newer Roborock ones?

Soldato

What should I buy ?
We have Roomba and Brava and they work in combination like a dream. You can even set the Roomba to do hard floors first and then carpets so that the Brava can crack on...

Associate
Whats the min clearance on the eufy x8? wondering if one of them would be able to get under my sofa ok? gap under the sofa is about.

Caporegime
I got a Eufy g30 on amazon for £215 after the -100 digital voucher they have running on it until the 12th (no idea is perma thing that just keeps rolling over? or actual deal?)
I needed a new hoover anyway and I'm super lazy when it comes to doing it.

It came back with a full load and even managed to find some of my exes hair that got wrapped around the roller bit, easy to remove with the tool and clean though.

Seems ideal for a small flat like I have., if you have a house I'd imagine they would be almost consistently full though so you'd probably need a self emptying model.

Caporegime
I got a Eufy g30 on amazon for £215 after the -100 digital voucher they have running on it until the 12th (no idea is perma thing that just keeps rolling over? or actual deal?)
I needed a new hoover anyway and I'm super lazy when it comes to doing it.

It came back with a full load and even managed to find some of my exes hair that got wrapped around the roller bit, easy to remove with the tool and clean though.

Seems ideal for a small flat like I have., if you have a house I'd imagine they would be almost consistently full though so you'd probably need a self emptying model.

Considering the self empty . But the jump in price is substantial.

Also got a g30 verge.

We have a dog and the eufy does keep up. But the bin is 90 percent dog hair.
I actually can't imagine not having it. Would need to vacuum 3-4 times a week without it.

Soldato
How do these things navigate stairs?
I'm thinking about one but we have a three story house, stairs dont have landings either just straight up. All rooms including the stairs themselves (except the main bedroom which is carpeted) have engineered timber floors. Bathrooms are tiled but I guess similar surface to timber.

How would a robo vac work? Can I program 3 different floors into it and let it loose each time to a different level without it toppling down the stairs as the fall would likely break it.

Soldato
Stairs are perhaps the oldest problem in Robovac history, of course they don't fall down them with the sensory they have. Just put it on a floor and let it loose.
:D, I didn't really think it would just go flying off. What I meant was I presume you train it where to go. Can it differentiate between 3 different places? Do I just let it loose and tell it with a n app which floor its on?

Back
Top Bottom