So confused about ryzen memory speed

Associate
Ok so im building a 2700x system and im confused about the memory speed i need, i want to get 16gb but im unsure what speed is the sweet spot, i probably wont be overclocking and thats why im going 2700x as its fast enough as is, from what i can tell i dont want anything less than 3000mhz but do i go higher?

Soldato
Ok so im building a 2700x system and im confused about the memory speed i need, i want to get 16gb but im unsure what speed is the sweet spot, i probably wont be overclocking and thats why im going 2700x as its fast enough as is, from what i can tell i dont want anything less than 3000mhz but do i go higher?

@8 Pack and his kit is you want the most hassle free...

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £238.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

They are Samsung B-Die which ryzen likes the most . 90% of the time, this kit should be drop in , XMP/DOCP/ECOP and off you go

Associate
OP
@8 Pack and his kit is you want the most hassle free...

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £238.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

They are Samsung B-Die which ryzen likes the most . 90% of the time, this kit should be drop in , XMP/DOCP/ECOP and off you go
Ok those are expensive! Here is my problem, i wont be overclocking at all so i dont need anything that is going to make overclocking easier etc, all i want is a set of ram in the sweet spot that will just work, now i keep reading about Samsung B-die so i guess that is what i want to aim for and then it seems 3200mhz is more than enough?

Associate
I'm in the same boat....Currently building a 2700X PC and the RAM issues is mind numbing, I cant tell how much is scare mongering and whats fact!
Best way i have found is reading reviews on different sites, one of my local places/site shows the 3600 vengeance ram with his XMP settings to hit 3200 no issues and sub £200.

Soldato
Ok those are expensive! Here is my problem, i wont be overclocking at all so i dont need anything that is going to make overclocking easier etc, all i want is a set of ram in the sweet spot that will just work, now i keep reading about Samsung B-die so i guess that is what i want to aim for and then it seems 3200mhz is more than enough?

Why I linked it, least hassle .

If not , team group Vulcan 3000hz . What board do you have ?

OcUK Staff
No it's hynix not b die... Get the 8Pack kit you get what you pay for in this case... We now sold 2500 of this kit in one year... It outsells corsair vengeance at 3200mhz which tells you everything...

Associate
OP
Why would you want a premium board if you are not overclocking?
For the improved components, i want my pc to last a long time, cheaper boards dont have as high quality capacitors and power delivery etc, it might be a bit of a waste of cash but it would give me peace of mind that i COULD overclock if i wanted and that it should be a rock solid build.

Permabanned
No it's hynix not b die... Get the 8Pack kit you get what you pay for in this case... We now sold 2500 of this kit in one year... It outsells corsair vengeance at 3200mhz which tells you everything...
Yup I'm sending everyone from ocn and other forums for this kit even tho I dont own one as i know it will b epic stuff. Still waiting foe new 10nm sammies memories...

Permabanned
Im not sure what that means? Ram tested? as in memtest to check for errors? If you tell me how i will try once i get my pc back up and running, the motherboard was faulty so after 2 days i had to RMA it......annoying!

Run 16 instances of HCI memtest at around 850 meg each, see if you get any errors. Ramtest is easier but costs 9 euros or something like.

Soldato
Ramtest is worth the very small outlay, will find errors much faster iv found, and means ur not sat testing all the time. My Imc just is'nt that good on my cpu so iv spent way more time testing then i should have been. But both HCI and Ramtest are good, just depends which u prefer really.

Soldato
Yup I'm sending everyone from ocn and other forums for this kit even tho I dont own one as i know it will b epic stuff. Still waiting foe new 10nm sammies memories...

Yep, they just work. They also clock like hell if you want them to, even with 4 sticks......................don't take any notice of the wally's that can't even get 2 sticks to 3200.

2nbx93b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom