• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, Exactly one year ago today, I bagged an RTX 3080 FE at MSRP..

Soldato
My 3080 I got as part of a system build, before LHR arrived. I got lucky, at the time it was a good price for the spec ANYWAY, even ignoring the 3080 specifically or crazy GPU prices; due to an offer, and then I was able to use vouchers to knock an extra significant chunk off. Then picked up a ram upgrade, and extended the warranty, not the worst 3080 either, big triple slot cooler on the thing. Was very, very lucky, as at a time when the 3080s were going for ~1200-1500, I paid ~£1900 for the entire machine, and then some extra for my upgrades. Should have been ~2200 for the machine alone. Yes the motherboard/motherboard BIOS is garbage, and the CPU cooler really isn't great (120mm AIO...they should have just gone 240mm) etc, but relative bargain makes the caveats worthwhile, I'd have spent several hundred extra just building it myself, if I could even have found a 3080 new from a retailer.

3070 I picked up beginning of the year for RRP, not unhappy with that, they've not really dropped particularly much lower than that anyway, and replaced a 1080 which was struggling, especially as the TV it's connected to has since been swapped to a 4K set.

Associate
The alert saved my life.

Got my 3080 FE last year, did the thermal pad mod from day 1 as the memory temps. were into the 100’s.

Now I can sit and wait for the AM5 2nd gen. CPU (or Intel) and 50/60 series (or AMD) GPU to feed my next upgrade itch.
Sudden change… sold up and gone with team red now.

Soldato
Couldn't find a 3080 FE, but in selling my Zotac FE to the trade in place, my 3080 TI was effectlively £300.
Got work to pay for that with a home office stipend :D

Back
Top Bottom